Happy News!! Dwarf Crayfish Babies!

KasumiKi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I posted these pictures on another thread but I thought I'd make a separate thread to just show baby pictures! <3 My blue dwarf crayfish came to me with a surprise batch of eggs under her tail and a few days ago the eggs were gone but I couldn't see any babies. Just when I thought all hope was lost I saw a baby! And today I was able to see at least 4 if not 6 babies! The striped ones look like their momma and I'm so excited to see what the father looked like!

Here are the first few pictures! Please excuse my horribly messy tank. I was trying to not clean anything in case the babies were in hiding and I accidentally hurt them.

(I hope it's ok that I'm making a thread. If there's something else I should do please let me know!)

JRih89E4w5RnGhJhkN4IBYYKZcNI2CsnxmWpXLpjioyohqw4uTSGCaabQCtA_0_M_eYIpNzw&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-1.jpg

zSxw1HCa5S_QWaHMx_giXByakYMrYhpXq6WKlCNp287GvYxHEzhc6QHwa4_dW4dZn4iKIOVg&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-1.jpg

XlbYVRkk7OSbQZ0aMK1mp3Bav7EDTNSg-GiKR4qJRfeENL5rgyGmGdlUTZrYFlVgyUJ-ASEA&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.jpg

B02M77m_LoAmoCEdJ_O0sypWOmaHf3uRCGWk3nhjfaOuVrfcvDxbtIgJp239NIJEvccczvZg&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-1.jpg

aDpVF_UL-cQgcu9G68_ChSxAEEjulVHGLT5MfM-hYVxpDVmeTIUw27bVFKUx-KMef5tzkCtg&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-1.jpg

6VDUrbj1HtBG43ZyJN_C_MAMfk_8UqYEzNCeqW3baR8HkKxxUyI5HA0IhVDotPbdvUSEIuIg&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-1.jpg

Kathryn Crook

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
KasumiKi said:
I posted these pictures on another thread but I thought I'd make a separate thread to just show baby pictures! <3 My blue dwarf crayfish came to me with a surprise batch of eggs under her tail and a few days ago the eggs were gone but I couldn't see any babies. Just when I thought all hope was lost I saw a baby! And today I was able to see at least 4 if not 6 babies! The striped ones look like their momma and I'm so excited to see what the father looked like!

Here are the first few pictures! Please excuse my horribly messy tank. I was trying to not clean anything in case the babies were in hiding and I accidentally hurt them.

(I hope it's ok that I'm making a thread. If there's something else I should do please let me know!)

View attachment 508460
View attachment 508461
View attachment 508462
View attachment 508463
View attachment 508464
View attachment 508465
Congratz!

KasumiKi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
richie.p said:
Any idea how many she had
Not really. I was never able to count how exactly how many eggs she had in the first place but my guess is she had at least 10. I tried to estimate from how many eggs I was able to sort of see when she came in her shipping bag and at the time my estimate was somewhere around 16-18 so we'll see how many actually made it and how many survive the next little while. I'm very very excited even if she didn't have very many!!

richie.p

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Considering she was berried from the supplier you've done very well looks like you've got a good mum there keep pictures coming

KasumiKi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Also this is the mom! This was right when I added her to the tank. I have a more recent picture of her without the eggs but I'm having trouble uploading it right now so maybe it'll work later!

0KRDOdSKNsx_Zr9gKQrwwCB8EP8th3ZASWGxp_KKdFgcq56C5tivLCdRZcc6BqCGCfu4aNCA&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.jpg

vaIt3_wIgQujyU8Bbftw2m59GcQTye1JixsVMwD_mo0UMksaRNCBM8KOZdDTq0tmy9L5bZTg&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.jpg

richie.p

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'll be very interested to know if they get on with each other as time goes on as they are supposed to be placid

olcin

Reaction score
new here. seems i can't find where i can make new thread title.
does anyone know if it is possible to breed a Brazo dwarf crayfish with Mexican dwarf cray?
if yes, what color will be of their offspring?

Suzanne2

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year

Kathryn Crook

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Congratulations! I just got orange dwarf crays and the day after receiving them, the female became “pregnant”. So hopefully in a month or so, I will also be posting baby pics!
They are so cute! Good luck!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom