Berried Shrimp Help

WillR1496

One of my red cherry's is berried. Never had a berried shrimp before and was wondering if I should do anything special or just let nature take its course.

Tank: Fluval Spec 2.6g. I already blocked off the slots weeks ago so no shrimp can get through them. Should I put the sponge back on the outflow part of the filter or will the current be okay for them (it's on the lowest setting)?
Fish: None in the tank. Just 3 horned nerite snails.
WC: was done last Friday and it was a 50% water change as I'm trying to remove the gravel to switch it out. I used that time to also rearrange the moss and driftwood so there are easier spots to get to hide. And I trimmed the hornwort and removed the old portions.
Temp: roughly 72-74 degrees

richiep

No special requirements, outlets flow doesn't need a sponge and you've blocked the grills, 50%water change is way to much in my books you can cause yourself shrimp problems, ide start reducing it 15 to 25% a week, 24ish days you should have young but will disappear for a week or so if you have cover Edit temperature is fine as well

LMO

I added parts of Indian almond leaves when I had shrimplets as this provides biofilm for them to feed on.

Jack B Nimble

Do nothing as they will die with changes. Add bacter AE as they don't travel far to eat like 3cm travel. Consistancy is key with temp and water conditions best a tds meter as well.

Jellibeen

I agree that Bacter AE is great for shrimplets!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ProudPapa
Replies
Views
Cazrea
Replies
Views
Elkwatcher
Replies
Views