2. Found few of albino color though i have Black Molly

Jaya

Attachments

• 90ba10f6-7608-40e7-921d-cea08be6d0a8 (1).jpg
    90ba10f6-7608-40e7-921d-cea08be6d0a8 (1).jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 8

ProudPapa

Hello,

They can hide in the water sprite in the back right corner of the tank, but as to whether or not they're safe, it's difficult to say. It depends on the larger fish in the tank with them. I'm more familiar with guppies than mollies, but I know with guppies some strains (like dumbo mosaics) predate on fry very little, and others (like albino koi guppies) are relentless fry hunters.

emeraldking

Well, even though your mollies are black mollies but one of the parents may have an albino gene carrying. For you don't know if an albino has crossed in the bloodline of one of the parents. But if both are phenotypically black eyed black molly, and there's albino fry in the batch of fry, you need both parents to carry that albino gene. It's a recessive trait. If only one carries that albino gene, all fry should be phenotypically black eyed.
If you have purchased them recently, it could also be that the female has mated with another male before and used those stored sperm packets of that particular mating and not from the male you've got currently with her.

If you cross a black molly to a non black molly, part of the fry will be totally black, the color of the other parent and a mix of both. But if you put a phenotypically black molly fry from this mix with other pure black mollies, you won't be able to tell the difference.

In general, black mollies will leave their fry alone.

PeterFishKeepin

Found few of albino color though i have Black Molly
Just something to note, often babies will come out a lighter colour then around a week after being born there colour will start coming through.

I had a plain orange swordtail (mother) and an orange calico swordtail (father) breed together, the babies where i light orange/pink/white colour for around 4-5 day then they started gettting the black marking from their father so colours will change and develop as they grow, your fish fry may not be albino just the light colour when born.

Cara

Just something to note, often babies will come out a lighter colour then around a week after being born there colour will start coming through.
Really? I seem to have the opposite. Fry babies are mostly black but as they age they're turning lighter to white.

PeterFishKeepin

Really? I seem to have the opposite. Fry babies are mostly black but as they age they're turning lighter to white.
Interesting, i guess it really comes down to the genes of parents, grandparents and the family tree i guess. But in most cases the colours will often change as they grow and develop, each fish is unique.

Cara

Are they safe in the this aquarium which has this much plants
They'll hide in the plants and probably under that rock. You might consider more plants or rocks or a deco that they can take refuge in

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
LHAquatics
Replies
Views
Coptapia
Replies
Views
Cori Elizabeth
Replies