Advice for Stocking a 45 Gallon

Invicitus

Reaction score
Hello all,
I would like to ask your advice in stocking my 45 gallon planted aquarium. It currently has 11 shrimp, an ivory mystery snail, and 4 cory catfish. I would like to know if I can, as well as how many, Dwarf GouramI I may add to the tank, though I am open to any alternate fish that you think would fit well into the tank.
Thank you for any advice!

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Invicitus said:
Hello all,
I would like to ask your advice in stocking my 45 gallon planted aquarium. It currently has 11 shrimp, an ivory mystery snail, and 4 cory catfish. I would like to know if I can, as well as how many, Dwarf GouramI I may add to the tank, though I am open to any alternate fish that you think would fit well into the tank.
Thank you for any advice!
Dwarf GouramI are known for aggression and serious health issues. If you get one only get one or a male and three females but even then it's not guaranteed to work out.

Imo two better GouramI options would be either five Honey GouramI or three Pearl Gourami, one male two females.
I would get more of the species of Cory you have, which is it?

OP
I

Invicitus

Reaction score
Thank you for the recommendations, I will look into the Honey or Pearl Gourami. I believe they are emerald Corys.

OP
I

Invicitus

Reaction score
A wondering question, could any colour of Colisa chuna be be stocked in the same numbers?

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Invicitus said:
A wondering question, could any colour of Colisa chuna be be stocked in the same numbers?
Yes but there's only two colours, Golds and Wild Types both the same species.
Reds are Thick Lipped GouramI and most of the time Sunsets are hybrids.

CoryBoi

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
JettsPapa said:
  1. At least 4 more emerald corys.
  2. 1 male and 2 female pearl gouramis.
  3. About 15 serpae tetras (sometimes sold as red minor tetras).
I agree, you still have tons of room, get more corries, and get some Pearl gouramis (my favorite) and get a nice school of around 15 of some type of tetra.

New Threads