20 gallon Aquarium stocking

Aquaholic

Hey guys,
I’m looking to get some more fish for my aquarium, I currently have 6 neon tetras and 5 Cory catfish. I know it’s one inch of fish per gallon.. I would just like to add a couple more of both species. What would be my max number for a 20 gallon tank without them getting too stressed/overcrowded? I’ve been told no more than 7,8,9 neons. And no more than 6,7,8 corys. Ideally I’d like to get 3 more of each but wonder if that will be pushing the limit, may stick to getting 2 more of each species. Thanks in advance for any input!

FishDin

That stocking in a 20 g. would be fine. The neons would like the company of more of their own as would the corys.
Don't use the 1 inch per gallon"rule".

You can try this link; .It's not perfect, but it's improved a lot over the years and is a good place to start.

Upvote 0

Dobert

You may double your neon tetras and corys to end up with 12 and 10 correspondingly. Both species are social and like to live in bigger groups.

One inch of fish per gallon of water rule is sort of an indication but not perfect in your case. You have social fish and tetras occupying top/mid water levels with corys at the bottom

Upvote 0

Aquaholic

You may double your neon tetras and corys to end up with 12 and 10 correspondingly. Both species are social and like to live in bigger groups.

One inch of fish per gallon of water rule is sort of an indication but not perfect in your case. You have social fish and tetras occupying top/mid water levels with corys at the bottom
Agreed! And they’re such a sociable fish with a lot of energy! Love em! Thank you!
That stocking in a 20 g. would be fine. The neons would like the company of more of their own as would the corys.
Don't use the 1 inch per gallon"rule".

You can try this link; .It's not perfect, but it's improved a lot over the years and is a good place to start.
Excellent thank you!!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Mindy3
  • Question
Replies
Views
barbiespoodle
  • Question
Replies