Would Ghost Shrimp Be Safe With Angels?

AquaticQueen

Hello all,
I was considering getting a tank big enough to house angelfish (so 40-55 gallons at least) and was wondering if a group of ghost shrimp would be able to survive with angels in the tank. The tank would be light-medium planted.
Thoughts?

GlennO

I have some ghost shrimp that survive in a tank with large Rainbowfish but the tank is heavily planted and has rock and driftwood caves. I think you would need a similar setup. Once the Angels are aware of the shrimp they will go after any that they see. Ghost shrimp are very good at hiding though if you have enough structure and plants in the tank.

AquaticQueen

GlennO said:
I have some ghost shrimp that survive in a tank with large Rainbowfish but the tank is heavily planted and has rock and driftwood caves. I think you would need a similar setup. Once the Angels are aware of the shrimp they will go after any that they see. Ghost shrimp are very good at hiding though if you have enough structure and plants in the tank.
I'll add lots of plants. Would a bunch of dwarf sags work along with some driftwood and caves?

GlennO

AquaticQueen said:
I'll add lots of plants. Would a bunch of dwarf sags work along with some driftwood and caves?
Yes I think so along with other plants. Any thick vegetation is good along with plenty of caves and crevices. This is my tank to give you an idea of what they live amongst, though it's hard to see the wood and caves under the plants.

Redshark1

The predator will eat the prey.

If the prey hides you won't see the prey.

fish 321

I had some ghost shrimp in my planted angel tank and also tried some cherry shrimp, in the end all of them were eaten.

GlennO

Redshark1 said:
The predator will eat the prey.

If the prey hides you won't see the prey.
True though mine are not always hiding. They seem to be aware that they have excellent camouflage. e.g. I just took this pic of 2 shrimp out in the open eating algae on the log.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom