White squirrel

yeti79
Happy to say I finally got to see a white squirrel in person! Lucky enough to get some photos too.

20201124_123408_HDR.jpg

20201124_123344.jpg

20201124_125456 (2).jpg

Betta'sAnonymous
Never seen a white squirrel! We do have a ton of black squirrels though

AJE
Very cool

StarGirl
Me either. We have tons of Red Squirrels. No black.

Kribensis27
I have a few by my house. They seem a bit more cautious than the grays and blacks because of how much they stand out (unless it’s winter). We have around four on our property, but we only see them about twice a year, near the house that is. They’re super cool! We have a ton of red, black, gray, and mixed squirrels.

mattgirl
I had no idea there were solid white squirrels. Once in my long life I did see a solid black one. From time to time I see a red one. We do have our share of gray. Maybe we have so many gray's they keep the others away.

AcornTheBetta
Wow cool! Looked like a rat at first lol

DoubleDutch
Are they leucistic ones ?

Kribensis27
DoubleDutch said:
Are they leucistic ones ?
I believe so. They’re not albino as they have black eyes and paws.

DoubleDutch
Kribensis27 said:
I believe so. They’re not albino as they have black eyes and paws.
Quite interesting

AJE
We barely have squirrels here. I'll see maybe one squirrel a year

chromedome52
There has been a large population of black squirrels in our town, but I don't believe there are any white ones around here.

yeti79
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Never seen a white squirrel! We do have a ton of black squirrels though
StarGirl said:
Me either. We have tons of Red Squirrels. No black.
The closest city to me is full of black squirrels. See blacks/greys in the cities and reds in more rural areas around here.

Kribensis27 said:
I have a few by my house. They seem a bit more cautious than the grays and blacks because of how much they stand out (unless it’s winter). We have around four on our property, but we only see them about twice a year, near the house that is. They’re super cool! We have a ton of red, black, gray, and mixed squirrels.
This one was with greys. Seen in a public area and did not seemed the least bit bothered by people or their dogs.

Betta'sAnonymous
I am thoroughly entertained by squirrels. I used to love watching them yell at my cat,, and her being her, would sit down and meow right back at them!

I rescued a baby squirrel from her few years back, poor thing fell out of the maple tree. So i put it back and its mama came and got it. That li'l guy is pretty friendly towards me to this day.

yeti79
Betta'sAnonymous said:
I am thoroughly entertained by squirrels. I used to love watching them yell at my cat,, and her being her, would sit down and meow right back at them!

I rescued a baby squirrel from her few years back, poor thing fell out of the maple tree. So i put it back and its mama came and got it. That li'l guy is pretty friendly towards me to this day.
Used to work with a lady who handfed squirrels. Apparently they like steak n shake biscuits.

Betta'sAnonymous
yeti79 said:
Used to work with a lady who handfed squirrels. Apparently they like steak n shake biscuits.
My aunt used to have a squirrel that would come up to her window for peanuts when i was like 4 or 5. I thought it was the coolest thing ever back then!

StarGirl
yeti79 said:
The closest city to me is full of black squirrels. See blacks/greys in the cities and reds in more rural areas around here.

This one was with greys. Seen in a public area and did not seemed the least bit bothered by people or their dogs.
Im in the city. A bigger city....Only reds....lol Its strange I know.

aquafrogg
At my hometown, we have tons and tons of red/grey squirrels. There’s a group of three that lives in my yard until a hurricane came two months ago and knocked all of the trees down (yes all... there were like 50). The squirrels at my college campus are not afraid of humans at all. You could be within 3-4 feet of one and it would not even flinch!! I’ve got a few cool videos of them

that being said, never seen black or white squirrels before!! That’s so cool!!

BettasAreSuperior
AcornTheBetta said:
Wow cool! Looked like a rat at first lol
hahaha lol.
AJE said:
We barely have squirrels here. I'll see maybe one squirrel a year
Agreed. I have seen maybe a few squirrels. We don't have many around here,

CHJ
StarGirl said:
Im in the city. A bigger city....Only reds....lol Its strange I know.
"Only reds" is pretty common as reds are very aggressive and tend to drive away other squirrels.
Here we used to be all grays but now blacks have moved in and we are mostly black. I'm not sure if "Project fat squirrel" was partially responsible for the disappearance of most of the grays.
At our old place there were 7-10 white squirrels on our street and my little brothers place his block was all white squirrels.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom