Where can I find cheap rocks/driftwood for a planted aquarium

SeanyBaggs123

Where can I find cheap rocks/driftwood for a planted aquarium?

Note: I realize with some research, a pot of boiling water, some muratic acid etc... that I could go find these things for free. With jobs, kids, a baby on the way etc... I’m trying to pay for the convenience of something I can be sure is already aquarium safe. So, to any old timers that are ready with comments like “rocks are free” or “sticks live outside... hardy har har... hilarious... save it haha

A201

Shop your local commercial rockyard or landscape company.
Huge selection of rocks that are separated by types & varieties. In my area most rocks sell between 15 cents to 25 cents per lb.

Passionfish

SeanyBaggs123 said:
Where can I find cheap rocks/driftwood for a planted aquarium?

Note: I realize with some research, a pot of boiling water, some muratic acid etc... that I could go find these things for free. With jobs, kids, a baby on the way etc... I’m trying to pay for the convenience of something I can be sure is already aquarium safe. So, to any old timers that are ready with comments like “rocks are free” or “sticks live outside... hardy har har... hilarious... save it haha
Craigslist is a good place to look.

Sanderguy777

Rocks are free, sticks live outside!

Check manzanita.com. they aren't cheap, but they show photos of exactly what you get, at least in sticks and logs.
Rocks and the like can be found at landscaping companies, but things like smooth river rocks and sand are carried by home depot in 50lb bags for $3-5. Unless you need a bunch, HD is probably the best deal for small rocks and inert substrate

Latest threads

Top Bottom