Somewhat new, established

Blobban1986

Been established in the hobby since around September October of last year. Had some early struggle before but finally got a well balanced tank. Love to get info and helping tips so this seems like a great place. Currently have a tank with koi angel, 3spot gourami, yoyo loach, some tiger barb and danio and live plants and 2 dwarf frogs. Separate 5 gal with some shrimp a nirite snail and oto.

Attachments

• IMG_20220114_203225.jpg
    IMG_20220114_203225.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 8

richiep

Croeso welcome to fishlore I'm sure you'll find all the advice you need here

ForBettaorForWorse

Beautiful gourami! This forum is a great community for getting all the help you could ever need:)

StarGirl

Welcome to Fishlore! :)

Linda1234

Been established in the hobby since around September October of last year. Had some early struggle before but finally got a well balanced tank. Love to get info and helping tips so this seems like a great place. Currently have a tank with koi angel, 3spot gourami, yoyo loach, some tiger barb and danio and live plants and 2 dwarf frogs. Separate 5 gal with some shrimp a nirite snail and oto.
How large is your tank with the yoyo loach; yoyo loaches really should be kept in groups of 6+ (more the better). They can get fairly large (4-7 inches long); but if not kept in a group as they get older they can become quite er well develop bad social tendencies.

Blobban1986

How large is your tank with the yoyo loach; yoyo loaches really should be kept in groups of 6+ (more the better). They can get fairly large (4-7 inches long); but if not kept in a group as they get older they can become quite er well develop bad social tendencies.
He's only around 2". Honest the fact he's alive is miraculous. There's actually a story behind that little guy lol
Beautiful gourami! This forum is a great community for getting all the help you could ever need:)
Thank you. Hims my baby

Linda1234

He's only around 2". Honest the fact he's alive is miraculous. There's actually a story behind that little guy lol

Thank you. Hims my baby
Ah! But how big will he be in 2 years; that is the thing we have to wonder. More seriously he will be grow up to be socially inept without some friends; it is one of the strange things about loaches...

KingOscar

I had a solo Botia lohachata / Botia almorhae and she never caused problems with other fish. She maxed out at a little more than three inches and was my longest lived fish... 21 years! Welcome aboard. :)

Linda1234

I had a solo Botia lohachata / and she never caused problems with other fish. She maxed out at a little more than three inches and was my longest lived fish... 21 years! Welcome aboard. :)
Interesting that she maxed out at only 3 inches; i have a few 2 year old yoyo that are already 4-5 inches. I wonder what restricted her growth to 3 inches. Mind you there are a lot of advantages of a smaller fish but i dread how large mine are going to end up. As to behavior i think it comes down to individual fishes and what type of tank mates they have. Solo or small (2 or 3) group of yoyo can become quite rowdy. I think i read that gold zebra are a bit tamer also gold zebra are a little smaller than yoyo.

Of course one of the issue is identifying the exact loach you own; as places like petco/petsmart will sell one of several different loaches under the label yoyo (which in itself can be a bit annoying).

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Dennis57
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
Ohio Mark
Replies
Views