New Christmas/Holiday Tanks?

Who is gifting you aquarium related stuff?

• Yourself

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Spouse/partner

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Friend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Family member

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The holidays are coming and for some of us, we (or a generous gifter) are getting ourselves a new aquarium setup :D

I somehow managed to get the approval for a new tank to replace the eyesore of a shrimp/snail tote. Plans are to get a 29-40gal tank for my rabbits, ramshorn, cherry shrimp, long finned albino BN, and least rasboras. Possibly adding something as a small, peaceful centerpiece cichlid later down the road.

What are you getting and do you have plans for it already?

mimo91088

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I really want to get rid of my nano reef and start a shrimp tank. The girlfriend won't let me because it's her favorite out of my tanks. Maybe I should try to get her permission for Christmas.

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Not getting a new tank over the holiday, but I will be getting a pair of new fish! :eek:

Rcslade124

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
None 3 in 4 months. Battling ich. Going to get these 3 going and figure out how to grow plants and breed apistogramma

Otocinclus13

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My husband is somewhat apatheticaly anti-mts. He doesn't dislike the hobby, but doesn't "get it." I'm restockig my one tank right now and planning on a betta as my centerpiece fish. If it doesn't work out in the community, I guess we can set him up in my old 5g... Whoops, now we have 2 tanks! ;):p

OP
Demeter

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ended up getting a 40gal stand and a 36gal Topfin bow front kit as gifts from the parents :D I’m thinking black diamond blasting sand and a black water setup with driftwood, anubias and duckweed for the cheap LED strip lights.

Mollymommy11

Reaction score
I bought myself for Christmas 3 - 55 gallon tanks to upgrade my fish. I also bought some plants and decorations. I received a new shrimp tank today that I'm excited to get started on. :) I gave my dad 3 baby albino corys for Christmas and he loves them! I got my dad started on the fish/tank/plant addiction. Lol.

notwabbitseason

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I want to get myself a new tank for shrimp so bad. Received a lot of money instead of gifts this year!

New Threads