Nerite Snail Keeps Falling

NBettas83
So my Nerite, Tod Jr., seems to be a very satisfied and happy snail, he roams around the tank and eats algae and such, he's very active even being about 1.5 years old. But lately every time he tries to sleep on the glass he falls down after about an hour. Usually he needs a little help from me to move him to something he can grab onto, but he starts moving around again afterwards. I don't think it's an issue with the parameters, which I keep at A 0ppm, Ni 0ppm, Na 0-5ppm. Is there anything I can do to help him? I want him to be able to rest without falling and it drives me crazy, please help.

Betta'sAnonymous
Are you 110% sure he isn't doing it on purpose? That's usually how my nerites decide to get down from somewhere, just let go!

NBettas83
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Are you 110% sure he isn't doing it on purpose? That's usually how my nerites decide to get down from somewhere, just let go!
I didn't know they did that. He used to sleep for longer though, I'm mainly concerned about him not being able to get up.

Spudsssy
All snails iv owned do this. Less effort for them getting down.

If snails are on their back they can fix themselves. No worries.

Betta'sAnonymous
NBettas83 said:
I didn't know they did that. He used to sleep for longer though, I'm mainly concerned about him not being able to get up.
Doesn't mean i don't still freak a bit sometimes, especially if it's from the top of the 29. That's a bit of a farther drop than from the top of the 10s lol

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom