My Bronze Cory has... something?

sfeath

Not a urgent thing (this has happened every other month or so) but my bronze cory sometimes gets white spots on their tail. They are the only one, and I've only seen them once they are fully there. Once they show up, they immediately start to fall off and the cory doesn't show any irritation. None of the other corys get anything like this. Any ideas?

(This bronze is blind due to an infection when they were young btw) They are most active of any of the corydoras in the tank, and the spots happen with little correlation to water changes as far as I remember.

Attachments

• IMG_20210406_121812.jpg
    IMG_20210406_121812.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 35

RedOnion

Not a urgent thing (this has happened every other month or so) but my bronze cory sometimes gets white spots on their tail. They are the only one, and I've only seen them once they are fully there. Once they show up, they immediately start to fall off and the cory doesn't show any irritation. None of the other corys get anything like this. Any ideas?

(This bronze is blind due to an infection when they were young btw) They are most active of any of the corydoras in the tank, and the spots happen with little correlation to water changes as far as I remember.
Could it be excess slimecoat?

Upvote 0

Deku-Cory

I remember you mentioning this previously. I've searched around, other people online have reported things like this with their Cories but no one ever had a definitive answer. It doesn't seem to be harmful though.

Upvote 0

ZachG

If it’s not effecting the cory or other fish in the tank I wouldn’t worry to much, definitely interesting though.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Megabeth
  • Question
Replies
Views
richiep
  • Question
Replies