10 Gallon Tank Introducing my one and only Betta!

JLAquatics

Greetings all! I just got my 41st fish (all my aquariums) yesterday to call my ten gallon aquascape home. I remember a long time ago saying that I wanted to get a Betta fish for this aquarium. Since the water parameters are extremely stable for a long time now with a ton of plant growth and the tank was looking a bit empty I decided to get a longer finned Betta on impulse. The reason for that is that I did not want to get a Betta with short fins that could easily harass and upset the balance with Ember Tetras and Cherry Shrimp.

1101211125a_2.jpg

He is a very docile yet skittish little fella that is definitely not fully grown yet. To ensure that I got a docile Betta, I held his cup up against other Bettas without any flaring. I also took him over to the fancy guppy tank to no reaction.

1101211124_2.jpg
The Ember Tetras were all curious of him but they all leave him alone. He could care less about the Shrimp or Tetras himself so I think he will be a great fit for the ten gallon aquascape.

He was called a Twintail Halfmoon Betta at the shop, and more photos will be posted here soon!

He does not have a name yet, but I am open to some astronomy related ideas though to all you Betta fans out there! Suggestions already include Nebula, Comet, and Sol.

Stay Awesome, everyone!

-JLAquatics

peachsonas

He is beautiful! I vote Castor or Pollux ( gemini constellation)

BigManAquatics

Orion seems like a good choice.

PAcanis

Face Off!

How about Watney?

Rose of Sharon

You changed your avatar! Go bettas!!!!

JLAquatics

You changed your avatar! Go bettas!!!!
I figured it was time for a change. Who knows, I may change my forum name soon enough. :)

Face Off!

How about Watney?
Orion seems like a good choice.
These are all great name suggestions! However, I still have not settled on a name just yet, so I would love more suggestions. :)

He was swimming with the Ember Tetras today when I came home from work so he is quite friendly. He is still scared of me though, I hope that will change over time. Here are some more photos of him, he looks washed out because of the bright tank lights.

1101210954c_2.jpg

1101210954a_2.jpg

1101211135_2.jpg

ForBettaorForWorse

Apollo is one of my favorite betta names, and it is rather pretty:)
I'll bring more names to the table later,not feeling very creative at the moment.

StarGirl

Please go back to Cheesehoarder...l o l ! :)
I figured it was time for a change. Who knows, I may change my forum name soon enough. :)

BigManAquatics

Space related.. stars....Ziggy Stardust.

JLAquatics

I appreciate all the suggestions given! I have finally decided on a name for the new Betta. He is now known as Rigel, based off the blue supergiant star in the Orion constellation. It is the seventh brightest star in our night sky and has an average Lumosity of 170,000 times the sun. This Betta always looks really bright when compared to everything else in the 10 gallon tank. Therefore, I think this will be the perfect name for him. Plus, the Ember Tetras look similar to red dwarf stars, completing the space aesthetic in my opinion. Here are a few more shots of him (I should say Rigel now ;) ) in his new home.

1102211100a_2.jpg

1102211057f_2.jpg

1102211057e_2.jpg

1102211057c_2.jpg

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
redmare
Replies
Views
StoneToucan
Replies