Help identifying nutrient deficiency

ShannyB

I think it's a phosphorus deficiency, but wanted to get some more opinions. This is either a red melon sword or red flame sword. I feed with root tabs every 3 months (it's time for more) and all in one liquid Fert (easy green) 3 times a week. My nitrates stay around 5ppm so maybe it's nitrogen? Everything else looks pretty good...been battling a little green hair algae near the water surface on pogostemon octopus and windelov, and GSA on some anubias and Scarlett temple. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_0627.jpeg
    IMG_0627.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 20

awilkinson871

I think it's a phosphorus deficiency, but wanted to get some more opinions. This is either a red melon sword or red flame sword. I feed with root tabs every 3 months (it's time for more) and all in one liquid Fert (easy green) 3 times a week. My nitrates stay around 5ppm so maybe it's nitrogen? Everything else looks pretty good...been battling a little green hair algae near the water surface on pogostemon octopus and windelov, and GSA on some anubias and Scarlett temple. Thanks for any help!
I was reading this the other day. Deficiency List for Plants It covers multiple plants and multiple mineral deficiencies.

Upvote 0

ShannyB

I was reading this the other day. Deficiency List for Plants It covers multiple plants and multiple mineral deficiencies.

That's a great resource, thank you for sharing!
Definitely phosphate.

Thanks for responding, I think so too. Think I'll start dosing phosphate once a week and see how that goes.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Coradee
  • Question
Replies
Views
86 ssinit
  • Question
Replies
Views