Hello

Pinguinita

Hello everyone! I am excited to have found a forum where I can interact with people that share my same hobby. I am excited to share my experiences with freshwater fish as well as learn more about this rewarding hobby. Although I have kept an aquarium for 3 years I still consider myself a beginner. I have a 5-gallon tank with 2 Glofish. I am probably going to upgrade soon. Although my tank is a month old, I have had the same tank for 2 years. During these years I have learned a lot on my own but not as much as I would have liked. Before these two green electric Glofish, I had 2 pink Glofish. Unfortunately, they passed last February after being my little pets for a year and a half.
So I decided to start fresh again in August. I set up my aquarium again and got 2 pink Tetras. However, I was unfortunate to experience an ick attack that killed my fish.
After that incident I was sad but I decided not to give up and learn more about fish diseases and water conditions.
So far, I think I am going in the right direction.
The only thing that makes it more challenging is the fact that I live off the grid. But, it's working.
I am looking forward to having a lot of questions answered and maybe help someone that goes through the same aquarium experienced as I have.

StarGirl

Welcome to Fishlore! We look forward to your questions and pictures of your tanks!

Anixandria

Welcome!!

AggressiveAquatics

Welcome to fishlore! Don’t hesitate to ask any questions and we will be happy to answer them.

ProudPapa

Welcome. I'm glad to hear that you plan to upgrade to a larger tank soon. Most of the glofish are shoaling species that prefer being in groups. I of course can't say for certain, but it's possible that just having two in the small tank caused them some stress, which can make them more susceptible to disease and parasites.

Please don't feel like I'm beating you up about it, but I thought you might like to know that if you didn't already.

FishBoy101

Welcome to FishLore!

Kitley

Welcome to tis amazing site

kanzekatores

Welcome

Sputnik

Hello everyone! I am excited to have found a forum where I can interact with people that share my same hobby. I am excited to share my experiences with freshwater fish as well as learn more about this rewarding hobby. Although I have kept an aquarium for 3 years I still consider myself a beginner. I have a 5-gallon tank with 2 Glofish. I am probably going to upgrade soon. Although my tank is a month old, I have had the same tank for 2 years. During these years I have learned a lot on my own but not as much as I would have liked. Before these two green electric Glofish, I had 2 pink Glofish. Unfortunately, they passed last February after being my little pets for a year and a half.
So I decided to start fresh again in August. I set up my aquarium again and got 2 pink Tetras. However, I was unfortunate to experience an ick attack that killed my fish.
After that incident I was sad but I decided not to give up and learn more about fish diseases and water conditions.
So far, I think I am going in the right direction.
The only thing that makes it more challenging is the fact that I live off the grid. But, it's working.
I am looking forward to having a lot of questions answered and maybe help someone that goes through the same aquarium experienced as I have.
Welcome! And I admire your perseverance! We all have setbacks and we try to learn from them, so you are definitely going in the right direction! Looking forward to exchanging tips and ideas!

fishbreeeder

Welcome. i thought for a sec you said goldfish. LOL

aquachris

Welcome to the Fishlore fam! Glad to have you here. Ask questions away, were all happy to help. This is a great place to talk about this awesome hobby and very friendly people!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Thunder_o_b
Replies
Views
Dennis57
Replies
Views
ghostdawg
15 Gallon Tank Adopted Fish Mother
Replies