First time with Saltwater Aquariums

queenundertaker

Hi everyone! I've had several successful freshwater tanks over the years, and I've finally decided to dip my toes into saltwater. I've been doing some research, but I have a few (a lot) of questions if anyone would care to point me in the right direction. I've purchased a RODI water system, and I'm planning on recycling a 20 gallon tank to turn into a salt water aquarium. I'm not planning on having a large aquarium to begin with, but I'm sure that an upgrade won't be far off if everything goes well. Does anyone have any suggestions for specific lights, pumps, skimmers, heaters, etc.? I'm wanting a mini-reef tank stocked with a pair of ocellaris clownfish. (Hopefully some smaller types of coral once the tank is well-established! If I remember correctly, I can't start off with coral.)

Hopefully I didn't say anything too outrageous. If I did, I would love to be educated because I want to do this the right way.

fish 321

Hipagero aquaknights are awsome lights. You probabably don't need a skimmer in a tank that size. I personally like to use fluval heaters and aquaclear hob filter. You are also going to want an auto top off system.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Jesterrace
Replies
Views
peachsonas
Replies
Views
Jesterrace