10 Gallon Tank Dropsy?

Clare1125

Hi everyone. Not sure if my gup has dropsy or if he's just big. Could someone help me identify please?

Thank you in advance!

AquaticQueen

He just looks like he ate a bit too much. Fast them all for a day or two. I wouldn't really worry, but if you start seeing pinconing, let us know.

Clare1125

AquaticQueen said:
He just looks like he ate a bit too much. Fast them all for a day or two. I wouldn't really worry, but if you start seeing pinconing, let us know.
Thanks!

Clare1125

Hi fish friends, I didn't feed the gups for two days and the guppy that is bloated is still bloated. He's used the restroom a few times but it hasn't been much. I don't think there's any signs of pineconing (in all honesty I have an idea of what it looks like but not too sure) He does have a red mark on the front of his belly, it kind of looks like a scratch, he had it yesterday but it went away.

I think I'm going to take him out and set him into a hospital tank. Any recommendations on what I should do after? Epsom salt bath, peas?

AquaticQueen

Clare1125 said:
Hi fish friends, I didn't feed the gups for two days and the guppy that is bloated is still bloated. He's used the restroom a few times but it hasn't been much. I don't think there's any signs of pineconing (in all honesty I have an idea of what it looks like but not too sure) He does have a red mark on the front of his belly, it kind of looks like a scratch, he had it yesterday but it went away.

I think I'm going to take him out and set him into a hospital tank. Any recommendations on what I should do after? Epsom salt bath, peas?
Peas don't always help with constipation but you could try them. If you have daphnia or can get some, that would be better. Raising the temp in the quarantine tank will help too.

Clare1125

Hi all, unfortunately Tom the Gup swam on last night. He had started pineconing and it just got worse as the day went on even with treatments. I think he had swim bladder disease, toward the end he was swimming backwards and couldn't keep himself upright.

Did a 75% water change, cleaned all of the decorations and put treatment into the tank. The other gups seem to be fine.

AquaticQueen

Clare1125 said:
Hi all, unfortunately Tom the Gup swam on last night. He had started pineconing and it just got worse as the day went on even with treatments. I think he had swim bladder disease, toward the end he was swimming backwards and couldn't keep himself upright.

Did a 75% water change, cleaned all of the decorations and put treatment into the tank. The other gups seem to be fine.
Sounds more like it was dropsy to me. Sorry about your fish .

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom