Crazy Fears Question 

BlackSkirtTetra

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
What is something you guys fear that is actually kind of silly to fear it when you say it out loud?

I’ll go first:

Axolotls. I have no clue why, but they just creep me out. Their smiling faces and all that.

FinalFins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Saying something dumb to a question like this one.

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't think it's especially strange but I have a deathly fear of Yellow jackets. Not without reason though. I have been stung by them 20 times. Eighteen in one period of about 5 seconds.

I would actually like to have an Axolotl. I think they're amazing.

Jackiesdaddy

Reaction score
BlackSkirtTetra said:
What is something you guys fear that is actually kind of silly to fear it when you say it out loud?
Spiders. One way ticket to nopeville

Dunk2

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
BlackSkirtTetra said:
I’ll go first:

Axolotls. I have no clue why, but they just creep me out. Their smiling faces and all that.
+1, with African frogs a close second. :woot:

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm not afraid of them but I have never liked Plecos of any kind. That sucker mouth just turns me off.

I also have dreams about killer asparagus lol. To me, the worst thing humans ever thought of eating.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My 10 tiger barbs attacking my arm when n if I ever need to scrape the glass in my 29 ;) Funny idea for a thread nice idea :)!

aquanerd14

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hydras. They just creep me out(not the big lizard monsters). Probably cause they look like spiders. I don't like spiders either. I also have always been careful to step very lightly ever since I watched the movie Tremors lol. I don't like bugs in general but what really creeps me out is water that I can't see to the bottom of. I am also terrified of worms in my tanks.

Doomheadthebetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hamsters, ferrets, rats, mice, bunnies. The teeth are scary. This is coming from someone who can look at a camel spider or something and say that it's adorable. I do think guinea pigs are kinda cute. Bunnies are cute when they have lop ears.

SeaMonkey06

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I love axolotls for the reason you don't :shame:

Mmmm.
OH YES! A fish with dropsy. Those scales... Give me nightmares and the thought makes me wretch!

juniperlea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Toilets. I'd sooner poop in the woods next to an angry mother grizzly. Then again, making the decision to poop in the woods next an angry mother grizzly would not be a cognitive decision. :D

JettsPapa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
BlackSkirtTetra said:
I agree, but for me it's not the faces. As I told a guy in the pet store a while ago when he mentioned them: "I don't want anything in my aquarium that has hands."

aquanerd14

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
BlackSkirtTetra said:

I’ll go first:

Yah the way the are always smiling is kinda disturbing. Just like the bad dude in Serenity LOL.

MissPanda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Jackiesdaddy said:
Spiders. One way ticket to nopeville
I love spiders. I would first take being covered in spiders than seaweed. My worst nightmare is falling into a dark lake with that creepy seaweed sticking out of it.

MissPanda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Doomheadthebetta said:
Hamsters, ferrets, rats, mice, bunnies. The teeth are scary. This is coming from someone who can look at a camel spider or something and say that it's adorable. I do think guinea pigs are kinda cute. Bunnies are cute when they have lop ears.
I went to the pet store with my daughter and she's like "awww look at the hamsters", then she sticks her finger in there and it promptly bit her. Then she jerked her hand back and the hamster went flying through the air. It was pretty funny.

Dont worry all you hammy lovers, it landed in the shavings and was find.

Sien

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Swimming in a lake with lake weed. Nasty!

Roger121

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My one fear is the ayuwoki, by my fortune the Eeeeooo one Can stop it easily.

Doomheadthebetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
MissPanda said:
I went to the pet store with my daughter and she's like "awww look at the hamsters", then she sticks her finger in there and it promptly bit her. Then she jerked her hand back and the hamster went flying through the air. It was pretty funny.

Dont worry all you hammy lovers, it landed in the shavings and was find.
Omg!! Your poor daughter! :/My dad did that once and the hamster went flying and landed on the floor. It was ok.

CaptainAquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
BlackSkirtTetra said:

I’ll go first:

On cool so I have two BlackSkirtTetra scarecrows?

EDIT: if I had a odd fear it would be worms in my tank, any kind of worm (detritus, hydra, planaria). I can handle land worms and detritus aren’t as bad (still don’t like them though). The other thing is aquatic bugs like dragon fly larva and stuff like that, I don’t know why. Then the last thing is probably a bit more common but leeches. they simply gross me out, just there entire way that they are. This was verified more this summer. There is a little stream near my house that I have been swimming in for years, never gotten a leech or anything but every time I went in it this year I had a leech on me (3 times). That was not fun, I know they don’t really carry disease or anything but they still freak me out.

MissPanda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Doomheadthebetta said:
Omg!! Your poor daughter! :/My dad did that once and the hamster went flying and landed on the floor. It was ok.
She was fine, it was a warning nip. No blood.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom