Colorful xenias

Theulli

I have been poking around various sites to no avail. Most of the Xenias I have found have kind of subdued white, blue or lavender colors. Anyone know of any that will pop a bit more under actinic lighting and where they can be had?

thanks in advance

Willj626

As far as I know and have seen those colors you mentioned are the only colors that occur in Xenia. Are you thinking of firework polyps? Those have a similar appearance to Xenia but they are much more colorful, you can also find them on pretty much any online coral shop.

Upvote 0

Jesterrace

Gonis look kind of similar to xenia and often show bright green under a mix of blues. They are more finicky for their care though.

Upvote 0

Theulli

As far as I know and have seen those colors you mentioned are the only colors that occur in Xenia. Are you thinking of firework polyps? Those have a similar appearance to Xenia but they are much more colorful, you can also find them on pretty much any online coral shop.

I'm mostly just looking for low maintenance corals with bright colors as this is my son's tank and the more colors the better in his book!

Upvote 0

Willj626

I'm mostly just looking for low maintenance corals with bright colors as this is my son's tank and the more colors the better in his book!
I too love easy colorful corals! I believe firework polyps are fairly low maintenance (star polyps also are easy and come in a nice neon green), zoa's are easy and come in a variety of crazy colors, hammer corals and torch colors are also super colorful and have a lot of movement, there's a lot of variety and color among ricco corals. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
A201
  • Question
Replies
Views
Halloween
Replies
Views
PAcanis