Black spots on silver dollars

Kay438
Are silver dollars suppose to have black spots on their fins?
And are they suppose to have a black on on either side of them? Does this only happen to the males?

MomeWrath
Can you post a pic? I think there are silver dollars, and a couple different types of those, and silver dollar tetras, which are something else altogether, so you might have one that just gets spots as it matures.

Kay438
MomeWrath said:
Can you post a pic? I think there are silver dollars, and a couple different types of those, and silver dollar tetras, which are something else altogether, so you might have one that just gets spots as it matures.
Couldnt get the best photo lol but those black spots on the fin

MomeWrath
Kay438 said:
Couldnt get the best photo lol but those black spots on the fin
I think those are normal spots for that kind of fish. Different kinds get them in different places. There's one kind that gets them all down on their flanks.

jaysurf7
i have silver dollars also,theres diffferent types of them, some spotted,some striped and some just sliver not sure if its just the males that have the spots,from what ive noticed the ones with the spots seem a lil more sensitive then the just the sliver ones,never the less thats normal markings for a spoted sliver dollar. There also in the same family as the piranha fish i found out.Great fish for an aquarium.

Latest threads

Top Bottom