What is your favorite Movie:
What's your job:
Do you play any sports:
How long have you been on the forum:
Are you on any other forums:
What's your favorite book:
What is your favorite fish and why:
What's your nickname:
What style do you have fish lore in (Dark, regular, etc.)
What was your first fish (Besides bowls/tiny tanks) you ever kept and name:
Do you keep shrimp or snails:

Bettybrown922

SouthAmericanCichlids said:
Bettybrown922
I'll get us started:
What's your favorite soup:
What is your favorite Movie:
What's your job:
Do you play any sports:
How long have you been on the forum:
Are you on any other forums:
What's your favorite book:
What is your favorite fish and why:
What's your nickname:
What style do you have fish lore in (Dark, regular, etc.)
What was your first fish (Besides bowls/tiny tanks) you ever kept and name:
Do you keep shrimp or snails:
My favorite soup is my grandma's homemade Hungarian turkey broth with egg drop noodles. Now I make the vegetarian version, but it'll never beat my grandma's.
My favorite movie is Julie Taymor's adaptation of Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus, "Titus".
I just started a new job this week that I'm very excited about, I'm a data entry clerk for my local Public Defenders office. The job itself is a bit dull, but I have mad respect for Public Defenders.
The last time I played a sport was a misguided attempt at softball about 25 years ago.
Hmmmmm... I think I lurked the forum for about a year. I think I've been a member since around March or April of this year.
Just the reddit for shrimp and the reddit for aquatic snails.
That's easy, hands down it's The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy.
Goldfish. I find them both calming and chock full of personality. Unfortunately, I don't own any at the moment.
Viv is what my friends call me, my family calls me Rob.
Just plain old regular.
I had 2 feeder goldfish I bought for 25 cents a piece. Scott and Joe. There were 2 others, Alan and Tim, who didn't make it past the first night. Scott and Joe lived 5 years and were both about 7 inches long. Man, I loved those darn fish.
I exclusively kept only shrimp and snails on and off for the past 9 years. I briefly had guppies and a Betta in California, but rehomed them when I moved back to Ohio. I'm just now getting back into fish and have 4 kubotai rasbora in my quarantine tank at the moment. I had 10, but lost 6 to some fast moving disease I do have a 10 gallon tank with a small colony of cherry shrimp, 4 Mystery snails and 2 Nerite snails.
Thanks for interviewing me, that was enjoyable! So is reading about my fellow forum users.

Quiche

Congrats on the new job! Sorry to hear about the rasboras, hope they end up doing well. Got a couple of follow-up questions for you, if you're willing to answer-
How'd the nickname Viv come about from Rob?
What's your username origin story?
How long ago did you get Scott and Joe? Any favorite memories?

By the way, thanks for conducting all these interviews, SouthAmericanCichlids! They're fun to read.

Bettybrown922

Quiche said:
Congrats on the new job! Sorry to hear about the rasboras, hope they end up doing well. Got a couple of follow-up questions for you, if you're willing to answer-
How'd the nickname Viv come about from Rob?
What's your username origin story?
How long ago did you get Scott and Joe? Any favorite memories?

By the way, thanks for conducting all these interviews, SouthAmericanCichlids! They're fun to read.
It's a bit embarrassing to admit, but when I was a moody teenager I hated my given name, which is Robin. So, that's why my family calls me Rob (or Robbie at times). Anyhow, I decided to rename myself Viv, after Viv Nicholson, a poor woman who won £1,000,000 on the horses & blew through it & became poor again. I figured I'd also do the same thing & liked the name in general. So, that's how I got Viv. And it just stuck and 30 years later, friends still call me Viv.
Betty Brown is a character from a Kurt Vonnegut book.
Wow, I owned Joe and Scott a long, long time ago, about 25 years ago. My favorite memory of them is how much they creeped out my roommates because they would follow a person around the room (in their tank, obviously, lol). I thought it was awesome and I swear they knew me most - probably because I fed them.
I don't have any clue what's killing my poor rasbora. I lost 2 right off the bat, the day I received them. So, I think that was stress of shipping. But, then I had 8 for 3 full weeks, no issues. Then about 5 days ago 1 died. Then 1 the next day 2 died, then the next day 1 more. My water parameters are great, the tank is cycled, and I see ZERO outside indicators of disease on the dead rasbora. So, I'm treating it with antibiotics and crossing my fingers it's bacterial.
Thanks for asking follow up questions, super friendly of you

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom