Best thing to put in 13.5g saltwater tank? - Page 2

AllAboutAngelfish
maybe a pajama cardinal i hear they are very good beginner fish for that size aquarium

jkkgron2
Alright, the tank arrived and I’m going to be doing a 24 hour leak test. After that it’ll be put back away until Christmas, so I’ll have to wait awhile before I can actually start the tank. But, the tank looks great!

825B289C-3049-4EB0-B05E-58CB1B92F140.jpeg

ChrissFishes01
jkkgron2 said:
Alright, the tank arrived and I’m going to be doing a 24 hour leak test. After that it’ll be put back away until Christmas, so I’ll have to wait awhile before I can actually start the tank. But, the tank looks great!

825B289C-3049-4EB0-B05E-58CB1B92F140.jpeg
Looks awesome! I've always wanted to grab an AIO (specifically one of the Innovative Marine tanks) but, man, I just can't justify the price tag! They look so nice, though.

jkkgron2
Is the Instant ocean reef crystals a good salt mix for my tank? It’s cheap, and seems to work well. I may still get the water from my LFS, but I’m looking at other options.

ChrissFishes01
jkkgron2 said:
Is the Instant ocean reef crystals a good salt mix for my tank? It’s cheap, and seems to work well. I may still get the water from my LFS, but I’m looking at other options.
That's what I use.

I used to use Fritz RPM, and for a while I experimented with Red Sea, but I never saw any major difference in water quality. I'd just stick with one, and especially for a non-SPS dominant reef, I don't think you'll have issues.

jkkgron2
HarrisonAquatics said:
That's what I use.

I used to use Fritz RPM, and for a while I experimented with Red Sea, but I never saw any major difference in water quality. I'd just stick with one, and especially for a non-SPS dominant reef, I don't think you'll have issues.
Alright, I’ll get that then. Thanks!

Jesterrace
AllAboutAngelfish said:
maybe a pajama cardinal i hear they are very good beginner fish for that size aquarium
Pajama Cardinals actually get pretty good sized after a few years though. Mine was about the size of a dime when I bought it and within a couple of years it has reached 3 inches. That's nothing compared to this monster I found at my LFS though (for comparison that is a 4 inch Yellow Tang and a 6 inch Blue Tang in the tank with it and it's about an inch thick):

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom