African Dwarf Frog 6 days without food?

Honem

So long story short, one of my African Dwarf frogs is going to have to go 6 days without eating. Will he survive? Usually I feed them each 1/3 of a cube of bloodworms every two days or every other day, but right on the day I was going to feed them again after a 2 days fast, I had to go on an unannounced emergency vacation for 4 days. I wasn't worried, as I know with a good feeding my fish will be fine, along with my other frog, but one of them just started shedding and didn't want to eat. When I was rushing to feed all of them my other frog ate just fine, but the other just wanted to float on surface and relax (not trying to get out, just floating), and got annoyed when I tried to get him to eat. The sheds was just fine and coming off in huge chunks, not shredding or anything (not a fungal infection I think), but he still hasn't eaten in 3 days and won't eat for 3 more. Will he be okay? Also, is floating and no eating normal shedding behavior? He just took the shed around his head off and he might just be tired from swimming around trying to get it off, but I can't be too sure.

Lucy

Sometimes it takes a little while for the shed to come completely off. Are you 100 percent positive it didn't eat? Maybe some left over food while you were sleeping?

Sounds like you are already gone, so yeah, it'll probably be ok.
Your tank is heavily planted? they can sometimes find micro organisms to snack on.

Upvote 0

Honem

Sometimes it takes a little while for the shed to come completely off. Are you 100 percent positive it didn't eat? Maybe some left over food while you were sleeping?

Sounds like you are already gone, so yeah, it'll probably be ok.
Your tank is heavily planted? they can sometimes find micro organisms to snack on.
Thank you! I don't know if he ate it but there are pieces of it still in the tank. There are also still some bloodworms in there that he didn't end up eating, so there's that along with the heavily planted tank.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Sokamix
  • Question
Replies
Views
Lucy
  • Question
Replies
Views