ADF Video Thread

juniperlea

Well Known
Reaction score
How did I miss this.... it's your fault!! :D I'll try to find out how to down load the video to my desktop.! Thank you!

juniperlea

Well Known
Reaction score
Thank you Kjeldsen. Wonderful choice of music. Don't know it's origin. Don't care. It's perfect.

OP
Kjeldsen

Kjeldsen

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm obsessed. They are all doing great!

Don't worry, this is just a weird thing they do...

juniperlea

Well Known
Reaction score
I have a 10g ADF tank next to the kitchen sink. It's constant amusement. Thank goodness I can't cook I can spare and share the counter space! :D

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Love the videos! ADF's are so fun! It's hysterical when they just fall over on their back. So silly.
Gosh, I miss mine! Thank you for sharing yours :)

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Aw, man, I'm so sorry. Terrible to say this happens sometimes. Everything appears normal then boom it's dead.
Really, we could only speculate...still, suxs all the same.

juniperlea

Well Known
Reaction score
It's so sad, but it does happen. I have seem what looks like Columnaris on an ADF that died. Another couple from bloat/dropsy. Yet another from weird bumps. I think they're highly susceptible to diseases. Poor little things. I always feel terribly responsible when they die, even though I'm not responsible. Human condition!

OP
Kjeldsen

Kjeldsen

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks, guys. It has happened before, so wasn't completely surprised, but overall they're pretty healthy it seems, and no new deaths.

juniperlea

Well Known
Reaction score
Ok... video one.... i recognize the sound/music. Have it in my music library, but can't remember how to find it! Video two: please tell me why your ADFs are so active. Mine don't play. They sing and try to breed, without results.

OP
Kjeldsen

Kjeldsen

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Singing and trying to breed is probably a lot of work for them! lol I think mine just appear to be more active, but they're really lazy. When I'm around and switch on the light, they think they'll be fed. The floating pellets also help, but when I check their tank at other times they're usually off sleeping somewhere and can't be seen. Oh, and the song is "People Got a Lot of Nerve" by Neko Case.

OP
Kjeldsen

Kjeldsen

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mamastacia3 said:
I was wondering if ADFs and bettas could be in the same tank...looks a bit rough?
The only problems centered on food. Bettas can't resist the bloodworms, and the frogs don't like to share. They get annoyed and will swat the betta but have never done any damage. My betta was pretty easy going, but did get fed up one time and sent the frog packing, but again it wasn't bad. I guess it all depends on the Betta's personality.

juniperlea

Well Known
Reaction score
These videos make my day. Great music! I have a female betta with ADFs. She's fat from stealing their food, which isn't healthy. That's ok. She's soon to meet her future husband and she'll lose some of that weight, :)D hopefully :D). Then, I'll transfer her to a big community tank.

New Threads