Member Spotlight on steveangela1Online Aquarium Fish Magazine | Member Spotlight - steveangela1
One thing led to another, the guppies had babies I got obsessed with raising the babies so I got a small fry tank and raised them. Then I got a 10 gallon tank and severely overstocked it with everything from tetras, barbs, guppies, a peacock eel, crab you name it. I learned what ammonia, nitrates, and nitrites were when I lost my eel. Once I got the grasp on that I really got obsessed with fish keeping. I was not only successful with the little guys but I wanted bigger and better so we got our 55 gallon African Cichlid tank. WOW that was a big leap from a 5g, 1g, and a 10g. I gathered information for their proper ph, stocked up on crushed coral, limestone from a local lake and cycled my tank (unlike my tanks before that were never cycled). We stocked about 5 new cichlids once it was ready and learned fast what species mixed and what different. I think I have lost count after about 32 species that I have kept and or spawned. We then also learned peacock cichlids do not mix with mbuna thus getting another tank our 36 gallon bowfront.
Recently I have been obsessed with spawning cichlids. I have spawned many species and now sell them. I make only enough money to buy my chemicals and food which is enough for me.
- 10 gallon kenyi grow out tank. PH 8.0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10 ppm, ammonia 0
- 5 gallon green spotted puffer quarantine until de-wormed PH 7.6 nitrite 0, nitrate 10 ppm, ammonia 0
- 36 gallon 2 bushy nose plecos, PH 8.0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10ppm, ammonia 0
- 55 gallon African cichlids (kenyi, flavus) PH 8.0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10 ppm, ammonia 0
- 58 gallon polit group, tropheops loner, met zebra, cynatilapia afra group PH 8.0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10 ppm, ammonia 0
- 14 gallon biocube: saltwater reef tank, 14 lbs live rock, inverts, false percula clownfish, and coral ph 8.2, nitrates < 10, ammonia 0, nitrites 0, calcium 420, phosphate 0, and hardness 8
- 1 gallon, 5 gallon and 10 gallon empty right now
- 20 gallon African cichlid grow out tank
Maintenance: I do water changes 2 times a week on all tanks, once to vacuum and one just water change.
© FishLore.com - providing tropical fish tank and aquarium information for freshwater and saltwater fish keepers.