Peacock, a blue mustard gas HM:

Penguin, a black/blue/red marble SD:

kV, yellow/black/blue/green/marble VT:

Thor, an orange/blue dalmatian VT:

[he's not sick, just upset. xD ]

Mutation, a violet/red Cambodian VT:

10gal:

With Hawk an orange/blue dalmatian HMDTPK:

along with a pair of ADFs, a zebra nerite, tons of RCS, amano shrimp, & bamboo shrimp

5gal flat back hex:

with Radiation[red/pink/blue Cambodian]:

ZombieKeepr

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Anddddd:

5gal hex:

with Falcon[black, blue, red CT]:

What do you guys think?

Matt B

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Quite a collection! You should be proud, Penguin and Falcon are my favorites.

I think you should clean your glass or get some snails to do it.

kb9plc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Holy buckets, it's a betta town!
I have to add to the trend in voting and say that Penguin is my favorite too!
Andddd I also agree, you need some snails. Then again, I think everyone always needs snails. Haha!

ZombieKeepr

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hehe I was actually thinking about adopting Penguin out before I redid the 20gL[it looked the same, it just had a lot of algae, Pulse died[and I got rid of 2, giving them to my mom] but I finally just opted to keep him. He's a cool little guy.

As for the algae ... both tanks have been running for over 6 months so it was just bound to happen at some point. Atleast the plants behind it look good. xD I'll get a couple more nerites soon as I get my new job. I'll probably order a mixed pack of 10 or something from eBay.

SugarJunkee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have to vote for Peacock, tho Penguin does look really cool, I love the contrast and clean colors on Peacock with that brilliant yellow! Totally a 'lookit me I am awesome' kinda guy. I have considered getting a tank and dividing it since I really love these guys, and this would be much better for them and easier upkeep and water quality. Do you use silicone on the separaters?

I also think I'm in trouble, my betta just started popping at me... I don't think he likes me looking at other bettas.

ZombieKeepr

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
xD Peacock is gorgeous too. I got them both[and Thor] from my mom randomly buying me fish. xD

TBH, I wasn't in the state at the time I got Penguin/Peacock[and was beyond depressed cuz of a lot of stuff, so I went to NV with one of my friends] and when she sent those pics, I'm like "Eh?! More fish?" xD Thor was just kinda ... there ... in a divided 10 when I got back from CA once. Oh well, it all worked out. I love these fish.

ZombieKeepr

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have a slight update ...

I upgraded my HMDTPK betta & shrimp from their stupid 10gal[TBH, that tank just ISNT BIG ENOUGH for me! xD ] with my goldfish in the 20gH[water is 76F, fine for the betta, fine for the shrimp, can't get it colder for the goldfish even if I wanted to. I live in FL.]

Within the next few months, I plan to assemble my last tank ... a 46galBowfront to replace the 20gH. Hawk seems pretty happy with his new location, tho. He can swim without being attacked/held back by the java moss. Tho that and the hornwort are still in that tank:

[like in my other post, the pic sucks because it's taken with a low end android phone[$80 kyocera rise to replace my "poor" dead $300 evo 3D]]

Also, even tho it does this tank no justice, to show the Grecian stuff went in the 5gFBH:

ZombieKeepr

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks! I'm a little sad about tearing down the 10gal ... but it's massive plants helped me make 3 other tanks look more full so I'm actually more happy then sad.

ZombieKeepr

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
xD Thanks, again! I'm glad you like Hawk tho. He's a pretty sweet[and my most expensive/quite honestly unique] fish, just feisty and misunderstood. xD

I'm hoping him and the goldies will like their eventual[sooner then later] upgrade to the 46gal cuz I want it to happen SO BADLY soon.

ZombieKeepr

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Soo ... it's time for a bit of a random update or ... make an addition ... xD

I got to thinking about my GF's fish[yes, she keeps fish[more then this ... but ...] and that's one reason I love her so much. xD ] and they're definitely worth mentioning here:

This is her 10gal with 3 bettas, 1 HMDT, 1 CT, & 1 VT:
There's Lithium, a purple/yellow marble VT[our oldest betta]. I got him as a rescue in like late 2010 or early 2011 ... I forget now but he was "rescued" from HORRIBLE conditions. He had .5" of water and he was a full 3". TBH, I think he was already 2 when I got him. There's also Titanium, a blue/green/black male CT & Firefly, a maroon HMDT. There's also a nerite snail & red cherry shrimp in there.

Unfortunately, since Lith's age caught up with him and last we knew, he was severely bloated[even after not having food for 2 days] she bought Glacier, her new blue marble CT:

There's also Owl who was her rescue act on her part and she's doing AMAZING:

And Daeva:

She's moving down here to FL soon[we're both gonna live in St. Augustine] so we were thinking about tearing down tanks, but you know how that works. xD She wants to get rid of Fire and keep Daeva. I kinda want the opposite. In any case, I do know Lithium probably won't have all that much time left so atleast we don't have to worry about him dying from the stress of the move.

I do know we're gonna kick up the empty 20gL and have 10 divided bettas total[5 each] and then 3 5s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom