Zombie's Endless Betta Collection

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by ZombieKeepr, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Z

ZombieKeepr Well Known Member Member

I figured this thread needs creating. xD

Here's all of my betta tanks/bettas:

20gL divided 4x so there's 5 bettas with 4 gallons each]:
    [​IMG]
    [all the fake plants are being cleaned, but they exist! xD ]

with

Peacock, a blue mustard gas HM:
    [​IMG]

Penguin, a black/blue/red marble SD:
    [​IMG]

kV, yellow/black/blue/green/marble VT:
    [​IMG]

Thor, an orange/blue dalmatian VT:
    [​IMG]
    [he's not sick, just upset. xD ]

Mutation, a violet/red Cambodian VT:
    [​IMG]

10gal:
    [​IMG]

With Hawk an orange/blue dalmatian HMDTPK:
    [​IMG]
    along with a pair of ADFs, a zebra nerite, tons of RCS, amano shrimp, & bamboo shrimp

5gal flat back hex:
    [​IMG]

with Radiation[red/pink/blue Cambodian]:
    [​IMG]

2. OP
    OP
    Z

Anddddd:

5gal hex:
    [​IMG]

with Falcon[black, blue, red CT]:
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think?

3. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

Quite a collection! You should be proud, Penguin and Falcon are my favorites.

I think you should clean your glass or get some snails to do it. ;)

4. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

That's a ton of bettas!! I agree, I like Penguin too, he's a neat color :)

5. kb9plc

kb9plc Well Known Member Member

Holy buckets, it's a betta town! :D
    I have to add to the trend in voting and say that Penguin is my favorite too!
    Andddd I also agree, you need some snails. Then again, I think everyone always needs snails. Haha!

6. OP
    OP
    Z

hehe :p I was actually thinking about adopting Penguin out before I redid the 20gL[it looked the same, it just had a lot of algae, Pulse died[and I got rid of 2, giving them to my mom] but I finally just opted to keep him. He's a cool little guy.

As for the algae ... both tanks have been running for over 6 months so it was just bound to happen at some point. Atleast the plants behind it look good. xD I'll get a couple more nerites soon as I get my new job. I'll probably order a mixed pack of 10 or something from eBay.

7. SugarJunkee

SugarJunkee Valued Member Member

I have to vote for Peacock, tho Penguin does look really cool, I love the contrast and clean colors on Peacock with that brilliant yellow! Totally a 'lookit me I am awesome' kinda guy. I have considered getting a tank and dividing it since I really love these guys, and this would be much better for them and easier upkeep and water quality. Do you use silicone on the separaters?

I also think I'm in trouble, my betta just started popping at me... I don't think he likes me looking at other bettas.

8. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

I'm glad you kept him! They are all very handsome imo. :)

9. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

Peacock is definitely my second favorite :)

10. OP
    OP
    Z

xD Peacock is gorgeous too. I got them both[and Thor] from my mom randomly buying me fish. xD

TBH, I wasn't in the state at the time I got Penguin/Peacock[and was beyond depressed cuz of a lot of stuff, so I went to NV with one of my friends] and when she sent those pics, I'm like "Eh?! More fish?" xD Thor was just kinda ... there ... in a divided 10 when I got back from CA once. Oh well, it all worked out. I love these fish.

11. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

My favorite is Peacock...makes me want to get a betta.

12. oscardude

oscardude Valued Member Member

I agree. Penguin is beautiful.

13. OP
    OP
    Z

I have a slight update ...

I upgraded my HMDTPK betta & shrimp from their stupid 10gal[TBH, that tank just ISNT BIG ENOUGH for me! xD ] with my goldfish in the 20gH[water is 76F, fine for the betta, fine for the shrimp, can't get it colder for the goldfish even if I wanted to. I live in FL.]

Within the next few months, I plan to assemble my last tank ... a 46galBowfront to replace the 20gH. Hawk seems pretty happy with his new location, tho. He can swim without being attacked/held back by the java moss. Tho that and the hornwort are still in that tank:
    [​IMG]
    [like in my other post, the pic sucks because it's taken with a low end android phone[$80 kyocera rise to replace my "poor" dead $300 evo 3D]]

Also, even tho it does this tank no justice, to show the Grecian stuff went in the 5gFBH:
    [​IMG]

14. kb9plc

I'm like'n the grecian theme!
    And the new tank looks good!

15. OP
    OP
    Z

Thanks! :D I'm a little sad about tearing down the 10gal ... but it's massive plants helped me make 3 other tanks look more full so I'm actually more happy then sad.

16. Everythingzen

Everythingzen Well Known Member Member

Wow! Your fish are amazing, lol. I love Hawk. Not that it matters, haha, all your bettas are great.

17. OP
    OP
    Z

xD Thanks, again! I'm glad you like Hawk tho. He's a pretty sweet[and my most expensive/quite honestly unique] fish, just feisty and misunderstood. xD

I'm hoping him and the goldies will like their eventual[sooner then later] upgrade to the 46gal cuz I want it to happen SO BADLY soon.

18. orangeclumsy1

orangeclumsy1 Valued Member Member

Penguin is GORGEOUS. :D

19. OP
    OP
    Z

Soo ... it's time for a bit of a random update or ... make an addition ... xD

I got to thinking about my GF's fish[yes, she keeps fish[more then this ... but ...] and that's one reason I love her so much. xD ] and they're definitely worth mentioning here:

This is her 10gal with 3 bettas, 1 HMDT, 1 CT, & 1 VT:
    [​IMG]
    There's Lithium, a purple/yellow marble VT[our oldest betta]. I got him as a rescue in like late 2010 or early 2011 ... I forget now but he was "rescued" from HORRIBLE conditions. He had .5" of water and he was a full 3". TBH, I think he was already 2 when I got him. There's also Titanium, a blue/green/black male CT & Firefly, a maroon HMDT. There's also a nerite snail & red cherry shrimp in there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately, since Lith's age caught up with him and last we knew, he was severely bloated[even after not having food for 2 days] she bought Glacier, her new blue marble CT:
    [​IMG]

There's also Owl who was her rescue act on her part and she's doing AMAZING:
    [​IMG]

And Daeva:
    [​IMG]

She's moving down here to FL soon[we're both gonna live in St. Augustine] so we were thinking about tearing down tanks, but you know how that works. xD She wants to get rid of Fire and keep Daeva. I kinda want the opposite. In any case, I do know Lithium probably won't have all that much time left so atleast we don't have to worry about him dying from the stress of the move.

I do know we're gonna kick up the empty 20gL and have 10 divided bettas total[5 each] and then 3 5s.

20. kb9plc

Ooooh! Imma betta-nap Glacier! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice