Zombie's 15gal 15 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by ZombieKeepr, Dec 31, 2012.

1. ZombieKeeprWell Known MemberMember

haha, this is my last tank! Ember has been with me for a little over 2 years already and I've been slowly adding corals/inverts.

Here she is:
    [​IMG]

And here's Ember:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BTW, no. Her name is not and never will be Nemo. lol It irks me when people ask me why I didn't name her that. Oh IDK ... because she's MY fish and I like Ember better?!

Anyways ...

Tank:
    15gal Aqueon tank - 24x12x12 - black trim
    96W 4 bulb actinic/12k T5HO light w/ moonlights over glass lid
    AquaClear 30
    150GPH powerhead
    100W heater/glass thermometer

2. RogueAgent94Fishlore VIPMember

Very nice tank!! I like your metallic GSP. What is the stuff right behind it in the third picture?

3. ZombieKeeprWell Known MemberMember

Thanks! :p That stuff is grape caulerpa. Highly invasive and probably illegal. lol but ... I keep it maintained.

4. Joel2036Valued MemberMember

Love the tank ! These photos wanted me to start my own SW tank, is the tank 15 g ? How much did it cost you to get it all started do you think ?

5. ZombieKeeprWell Known MemberMember

Thanks! This tank is a lot of fun so if you're willing to stay on top of water changes and testing, I'd definitely recommend a SW tank! Yes, it is 15 gallons but in total has probably cost me $400 so far. It's not all that bad cuz I paid more then that for my laptop! xD xD

6. RyankNew MemberMember

7. ZombieKeeprWell Known MemberMember

haha Glad you can find some humor in my half-serious jokes! :p

Thanks, tho! I'm glad you like the tank!

8. Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

Suuuure.... okay:whistling:

9. ZombieKeeprWell Known MemberMember

"Sure" to the slowly adding animals, sure that it's been running for two years, or sure that it's my last tank?! I must know!!! xD xD xD

10. Jakob VNew MemberMember

Your tank is amazing could you help me learn how to post pics I wanna show you my 20 gal with my little baby. Aka the beta Bart

11. Jakob VNew MemberMember

12. Kiara1125Well Known MemberMember

*breaks into house and watches tanks* xD xD

I'm baaack! xD xD

13. Kiara1125Well Known MemberMember

Very nice crowntail!

14. Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

To the "last tank" bit. You know MTS shall prevail and render your statement invalid... mwahahahaha

15. ZiggiWell Known MemberMember

Nice tank! :D I dont know the first thing about SW fishlife, but what are the .... (for lack of a better description) branchy things in the first pic? Awe ... the SW world is growing on me ... but I still think I should leave it alone :( so much ....

16. Jakob VNew MemberMember

Thank you and thank you for telling me what type of beta he is I always wanted to know

17. ZombieKeeprWell Known MemberMember

Jakob: he's a gorgeous betta!

Kiara ... *loves you* <3 xD xD

Ziggi: I think that's the macro algae[grape caulerpa] ... It's a great nutrient sponge!

18. Jakob VNew MemberMember

Neon tetras and guppies?

So I just got a 20 gal for Christmas and I was thinking about getting 6 or 10 neon tetres(please tell me if theirs any more beautiful type of tetres if you know of any) whichever is better for the size of tank, and a female and a male guppy. I've always wanted to try breeding. Don't worry I'd give the babies to a local pet store. So would this setup work

19. Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

You should get another female guppy or two, so each will have time away from the male LOL;) But yes, that setup would certainly work and you could add another small tetra school if you wanted.

20. ZombieKeeprWell Known MemberMember

I'm really liking how this tank looks right now, but my caulerpa is due for another trim[and it's time for a WC]:

[​IMG]