Zombie's 150gal Pond 150 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by ZombieKeepr, Jan 4, 2013.

1. ZombieKeeprWell Known MemberMember

I know it's winter and blah ... but anyways, I FINALLY got around to cleaning the pond today and although my plan was to demolish it, I'm beginning to get used to it. xD

[​IMG]

It's a far cry from it's old state in 2009 but eh:
    [​IMG]

for now, it's staying, regardless.

Anyways, it's got a MagDrive200 bell fountain ... somewhere in the fish supplies ... xD & 15 million gambusia along with some native plants and 2 water lilies I spent $40 on during the summer. My plan is to get it edged and maybe a bigger pump. I used to have a waterfall for it, but overall, it just didn't suit this pond. At all.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  2. oscarsbud

oscarsbudWell Known MemberMember

You can't destroy it! I want one of those so badly. Just can't seem to talk hubby into it.

3. OP
    OP
    Z

ZombieKeeprWell Known MemberMember

Haha! I love the plants, tho ... they're what's keeping this thing up more then anything else ... buttt ... as time goes on, I'm getting very close to throwing everything but the water lilies, parrot's feather, & floaters away, getting rid of the 150gal and burying the 50gal in my garden[I'd have it half filled with dirt for the lilies/possible lotus tho]. It'd just take a LOT of time cuz this is what my garden area looks like[it'd go behind the border]:
    [​IMG]

IDK ... I guess we'll see. :p

4. OP
    OP
    Z

Well ... a pond related post!

Here she is as of today[well, yesterday now]:
    [​IMG]

a tropical lily bloom:
    [​IMG]

and oxalises[had to throw a random terrestrial plant in]! xD
    [​IMG]

5. Tigress Hill

Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

What kind of lilies are those?

6. OP
    OP
    Z

TBH, I have no idea ... there's 2 pots that I paid a total of $40 for last summer in 5 gallon pots. They're AMAZING tho and were totally worth it. I actually have some babies from them too that sprouted off dead leaves in a 1gal pot.

7. OP
    OP
    Z

I did some work today on the pond ... minus the lack of rocks around it, I'm really liking the look!

[​IMG]
    [crazy looking plant is a ground orchid of some type]

As an added bonus ... extras:
    Hibiscus:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    yellow berry:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Hong kong orchid tree:
    [​IMG]
    Bougainvillea:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  8. tropicalfishlover

tropicalfishloverWell Known MemberMember

It really is looking good.

9. Akari_32

Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

Looks great! Any fish in there?

10. Lilibeth_Seasong

Lilibeth_SeasongWell Known MemberMember

Very nice! I love hibiscus. Your other flowers are beautiful as well. :)

11. OP
    OP
    Z

Thanks, you guys!

Akari, There's about a million Gambusia Affinis and that's it ... I kinda was hoping the viral hemorrhagic septicemia would kill them too[I lost my 2 5 year old koi & 2 5 year old feeder goldie rescues to it] but nooo ... I think they adapted and became immune. xD

12. Akari_32

Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

You can't kill Mosquitoes off that easily. Those fish are nasty little buggers!

13. OP
    OP
    Z

hehe, so true! But that's ok ... :p they have their place in my pond. Since they're the only inhabitants, they can only pick on each other and in their massive school, that doesn't happen all that frequently so it's quite enjoyable to watch. Admittedly, tho ... I think it's gonna stay this way. Nothing can ever leave this pond or get added without the MASSIVE possibility of death and I have ... issues ... with willingly killing things[especially things I introduced]. Even if the whole thing crashed[it's only seeming to stabilize more over time, TBH this is the best my pond has looked since 2009], I'd have to kill the plants and bleach the shell[again] and just ... no ... lol

I do miss my feeders, tho. Not so much the koi[I always knew I put them in too small of a pond, but it was better at the time then the WalMart tank] even tho I enjoyed them a lot too. It makes me tempted some times to start another pond for some koi & goldies ... but ughhhh ... xD Probably not at this house.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice