Zoey's love story

1. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

As some of you know from an earlier thread my curmudgeonly chinchilla named Zoey, who i thought would never like any other chinchilla, suddenly fell madly in love with a total stranger I'd brought home to be friends with another!

I've never seen my girl so happy and relaxed as she's been since she got a friend. Cute pictures to follow:)

IMG_20160528_131631954.jpg IMG_20160602_110947075.jpg IMG_20160529_094753901.jpg IMG_20160602_184034221.jpg

And sometimes she just needs a bit of alone time;)
    IMG_20160607_184428183.jpg

jhigg008

2. Tiny goatfish Well Known Member Member

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww They are so cute!

3. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

Too...much...cuteness...adorable...can't........go on

4. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Should add, Zoey is the lighter grey one;)

5. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

Any luck with a name for the new one?

6. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Yes! For some reason I keep having Mary or Miriam pop into my head:;dk

7. el337 Fishlore Legend Member

So adorable! I like Miriam or "Miri". :)

8. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

They both look like they are made for each other. Alison:;hi2

9. jhigg008 Well Known Member Member

Aquaphobia - Good thing I didnt get a chance to look at this until I got home from petsmart. They had a Chinchilla there that I would have been much more tempted to get had I seen these pics! SOOOO CUTE :D

10. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

And soooo bad! But cute. You'll never be mad at them, no matter how expensive the item they just ate:rolleyes:

They live as long or longer than cats and can be a handful. If you do want one though I highly recommend going through a good breeder who handles their chinchillas from a young age. They can be super skittish and also be genetically predisposed to some nasty disorders like Malocclusion and heart problems. At least a quality breeder will have the pedigree and will not use lines that are known to have these issues. Weirdly, a pet quality pedigreed chinchilla is likely to be less expensive than one from a pet store. At least that's true here.

11. jhigg008 Well Known Member Member

I would love one but it would likely end in disaster. I have two cats and one is a SERIOUS hunter. I have seen her take down a wild rabbit twice her size (on Easter day, actually). Luckily it escaped when I ran outside and screamed at her, but it was pretty traumatizing. My daughter asked if Izzy (the cat) killed the Easter bunny....

12. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

True, that might not be a good combination unless you could ensure that the cat and chinchilla were kept completely separate. Or, like Pippa, had a king-sized hate on for cats and knew how to put one in its place! My own cat is permanently traumatized thanks to that chinchilla:shock:

13. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

Would love to have one...but with 2 dogs, 3 kids, and 2 fish tanks...i have enough pets.

14. jhigg008 Well Known Member Member

Lol I think I have you beat...1 dog, 2 cats, 2 fishtanks, 2 kids (5 year old girl and 6 month old boy), and 1 man-child husband.

15. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Is it the man-child husband that puts you over the limit for pets jhigg008? ;)

16. jhigg008 Well Known Member Member

LOL yes! He has very specific needs, can be very sensitive, and produces a lot of waste.

17. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

Ahh...well if you ask my wife I'd be the man-child husband. My kids are 1, almost 4, and almost 10

18. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Gee, sounds like my roommate:D

19. superbutterfly12 Well Known Member Member

Put those older two to work! Then you'll have time for more tanks lol!

20. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

Lol. the three-year-old would happily help me but she has helped me in the past and it ended up with my betta tank being half-full of fish food after she emptied the entire canister into a small 5 gallon tank. The 10 year old is so absent-minded that I won't let him do anything with the tanks other than look at them