Zoas not opening!

Discussion in 'Saltwater Beginners' started by thedrunkingpig, Apr 2, 2010.

1. t

thedrunkingpig Valued Member Member

ive 5 small colonies of zoas in my tank. 2 colonies were doing great for a while. now all dont open up as much. 3 havent really opened.

a few of the colonies seem to be dying back as

the lighting and water flow hasnt changed.

dont know what to do.

i added a nitrate removal pad a month ago to help manage the nitrates, and it worked. but some werent doing so well before then either.

2. ATP

ATP Well Known Member Member

What kind of lighting do you have and what is your water parameters? Is there also any fish in there that likes to pick at them?

ATP,

3. OP
    OP
    t

thedrunkingpig Valued Member Member

i have 2 T8 bulbs, not sure if the are HO. there are 2 clowns in the tank. the parameters are all in check. nitrate is between 0-5mg.

4. ATP

ATP Well Known Member Member

Are the t8 actinics? If so how many watts. I would appreciate if you could if avaialbe post your water parameters, but if they're all in check, your lighting might be in inefficient

5. z

zeddy Valued Member Member

another problam could be water fluctuation if your water evaporates and water level drops you specific gravity will rise and corals dont like that, phosphate is also a problam peaple overlook.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice