Zoanthids Not Opening

CrisisQuaid

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hey guys, I have 2 colonies of Zoanthids in my tank. One of them has been in for a few months, and hasn’t been open for quite some time. My other colony is new and I got it from my brother. I got the new colony to see if my other colony was just too upset to ever open again as it had been kept in less than desirable conditions. I decided to crack down on my tank and try my best to find the issue. All of my parameters have been solid for a few weeks now, thus I decided to get my new colony. The only issue is after just a few days this colony closed up too. I’ve done Cora dips, and tried changing the lighting/Flow, and I just can’t seem to get them to open up. I was wondering if you guys had any advice on how I could get mine to open up?

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Giving this a bump up for you hope our salty members can help you today

Culprit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hey guys, I have 2 colonies of Zoanthids in my tank. One of them has been in for a few months, and hasn’t been open for quite some time. My other colony is new and I got it from my brother. I got the new colony to see if my other colony was just too upset to ever open again as it had been kept in less than desirable conditions. I decided to crack down on my tank and try my best to find the issue. All of my parameters have been solid for a few weeks now, thus I decided to get my new colony. The only issue is after just a few days this colony closed up too. I’ve done Cora dips, and tried changing the lighting/Flow, and I just can’t seem to get them to open up. I was wondering if you guys had any advice on how I could get mine to open up?
What are your parameters exactly? How long is hasn't been open for quite some time? Zoas are known for getting **** off when a change happens and can stay mad for a while.

CrisisQuaid

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
What are your parameters exactly? How long is hasn't been open for quite some time? Zoas are known for getting off when a change happens and can stay mad for a while.
Unfortunately the zoas I had have died off. I’ve been spending the last few weeks focusing on my other corals. I’m thinking about getting another frag from my brother, but im afraid it’ll just die off again.

Toggle Sidebar

HTML

Dream Tank Type?

• Freshwater

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Saltwater

Votes: 10 38.5%

Top Bottom