Zoa Recovery

Esimm03

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi, so I recently upgraded my reef tank, I have 3 zoanthid colonys that weren't doing so well under my 3.5 watt (the tank was 15L). Now they are under a much better light and have opened up. The only thing is that they are not as colourfull, my green ones are grey and my fire and ice are dull red. Is this because they were closed for so long under the previous light?

Ethan
20180430_080826.jpg

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They should brighten up a bit eventually under the brighter light. Iodine dosing might help also. this greatly improves the growth rate and might perk up the color also.

Esimm03

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
DutchAquarium said:
They should brighten up a bit eventually under the brighter light. Iodine dosing might help also. this greatly improves the growth rate and might perk up the color also.
Ok, any ideas which brand of iodine I should get? (Haven't looked yet but was wondering if I should go for a certain brand)

Ethan

Esimm03

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
DutchAquarium said:
I've always used kent, but i'm not super familiar with other brands.
Ok, ill see how they progress and in a few weeks if they are the same I'll get the iodine.

I think my lights are most definitely not helping, so if I upgrade them and they are the same I'll get the iodine.

Ethan

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom