Zig Zag eel curiosity

Ilovemyzigzageel

My zig zag eel is very curious. He always gets up on everything we do in the tank, and I feel like he loves attention. Because he is so curious, I was wondering how smart they are, and if there are toys and entertainment you could make or buy for your zig zag eels. Is this just his personality, or are all eels like him? Thanks!

MacZ

There are no toys and I remember having had a similar species that tended to be shy and hiding all day.
I hope you don't touch it often, because that's bad for their slime coat.

For enrichment I'd think about changing things about the tank regularly or give a wider variety of foods.

Ilovemyzigzageel

There are no toys and I remember having had a similar species that tended to be shy and hiding all day.
I hope you don't touch it often, because that's bad for their slime coat.

For enrichment I'd think about changing things about the tank regularly or give a wider variety of foods.
Ok, thanks. I never touched him on purpose, but when I was cleaning and rearranging my tank, he swam into my hand for a moment. Otherwise, thanks for the advice!

MacZ

Ok, thanks. I never touched him on purpose, but when I was cleaning and rearranging my tank, he swam into my hand for a moment. Otherwise, thanks for the advice!

If it's inquisitive and touches you, it's allright, just try not to encourage that behaviour too much.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
natalia1468
Replies
Views
Ebreus
Replies
Views
Eelfeelz
  • Question
Replies