Zig Zag Eel Constipated for days. PLEASE HELP ME

Eelfeelz

My Zig Zag eel, Neil, got his hands on a full worm the other day that made its way into the tank. He ate the whole thing length wise and the next day he started having trouble swimming and started lounging around on and under plants in my aquarium instead of in the rocks or sand like usual. He has some slight bloating, but other than that seems perfectly fine, just lazy. I’m just starting to worry because it doesn’t seem like the bloating is going down at all and he will not eat and peas or other fiber rich food I try to give him. Please help I really don’t want this fish dying on me.
image.jpg

image.jpg

ALSO: found him fully upside down once, hasn’t done it sense

qldmick

maybe he just needs another day to digest and start eating again.

Eelfeelz

qldmick said:
maybe he just needs another day to digest and start eating again.
Thank you for the quick response. I’ll post updates on the thread tmr. Hopefully he feels better then.

Eelfeelz

UPDATE: he has started to hang out upside down more. Really starting to get worried.

Attachments

NickGNz

Is he eating anything at all?

Eelfeelz

No he’s not, also having trouble not floating. Not too bad though, haven’t seen him at the top yet, breathing is a bit heavy but no sign of significant stress.

NickGNz said:
Is he eating anything at all?
No he’s not, also having trouble not floating. Not too bad though, haven’t seen him at the top yet, breathing is a bit heavy but no sign of significant stress.

Top Bottom