Zeez's Clock Tank

ZeeZ

I've had this Fish Clock tank for years sitting in the dark in my closet. I finally decided to do something about it and turn it into a Naturally Planted Tank with no filters, just dirt, sand, plants and a light. Recently I discovered a small website that sold small LED lights, perfect for what I have in mind and it came in today. Unfortunately, there's no ballast so I don't have any actual light pictures yet.

The front is coming off so I will have to take the back off and silicone the plexiglass back on. I'm not certain what I want to do with the light yet. Should I leave the hinge and mount on and have the light be outside or should I take the hinge off and the plastic L looks like it comes apart so I could silicone the hole to make the light waterproof and mount it inside the tank?

On to pictures!

Smalltownfishfriend

Can't wait to see how it turns out!!

ZeeZ

Thanks! Someone told me that silicone isn't a good mix with plastic/plexiglass but I can't find any concrete information on this. At least not in particular to aquariums. I'm still looking it up but I definitely don't want to risk this tank. All I'm finding is plastic silicone adhesive and I doubt that's aquarium-friendly.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom