ZeeZ's 29G Rescaped

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by ZeeZ, Jan 7, 2013.

1. ZeeZWell Known MemberMember

I have a problem: I tend to get lazy and don't bother keeping my tanks scaped weekly unless it's in a public area like the living room. My tanks are upstairs and rarely seen by anyone except me so I just let my 29g get out of hand. I finally decided to tackle it yesterday, and here's the result.

Before -

I washed the remainder of my pool filter sand from last summer and added a divider for the gravel and sand made out of eggcrate.

Moved the Lucky Bamboo to inside the filter.

On the plus side, my crypts decided to be nice to me and made plenty of babies! Note that this is the correct way of planting crypts. The roots are buried but the rhizome is above the substrate.

I felt the sand took up too much of the front, so I made a little weird section out of eggcrate and put gravel inside it. It didn't really come out like I thought it would but I guess it's better than nothing. You can see the glass fish that my nieces got for me for Christmas in the background.

It looks better than before, but there's one thing missing. This tank doesn't feel complete without Big Daddy.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. EthanWell Known MemberMember

you need to buy a little daddy now to fill the void in your broken heart

3. ZeeZWell Known MemberMember

Next month or the one after that, certainly. I'm moving next month, so I need to save as much as I can.

4. Lilibeth_SeasongWell Known MemberMember

:;hf Very nice job! I want to do a planted tank now...

5. kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

Wow, it looks great! That's a huuge java fern! I thought the one you sent me awhile ago was pretty big, but it's dwarfed by yours.

Of course we'll all be waiting for pictures of Little Daddy whenever he arrives :) I think that's the perfect name.

Send me some crypts! :p Mine aren't making any babies.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice