Zebra Stuck to Filter

Oshmosis27

Hello, this evening when I got home I found one of my Zebras stuck between the sponge filter and the tank wall. He was still alive but for approximately 90 minutes after being freed he didn't swim much. He mostly just hovered. He seemed wobbly, like he was struggling to keep himself balanced upright. He was also moving around and swimming with his body at a 45 degree angle and his tail fin was droopy.

After about 90 minutes he began to swim normally. He spent the next 30 minutes swimming against the current created by the water dropping in from my HOB filter. After this he's been mostly back to hanging around the middle of the tank. Although still not as active as he normally is. He will occasionally zip around for a few moments then head back to the spot he's been hanging around in. He did eat although not as much as normal.

He has some injuries that run from the back of his head to the dorsal fin. There are some missing scales on side that was stuck against the filter. I see no damage to his fins. I see no open wounds on him (cuts, holes) although I suppose there could be very small ones.

Before I start any treatments I'm looking for any recommendations. I've never had a fish with an injury this extensive before. I performed a 30% water change 2 days ago. I tested my water this evening as well:

pH: 7.6
ammo: 0
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 5ppm

I've attached a picture to show the injury to his back. The white patch that runs down his back through the right side of his dorsal fin is where he has been injured. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• zebra.png
    zebra.png
    930.1 KB · Views: 14

Noroomforshoe

It is likely that his illness started before he got stuck to the filter, Unfortunately, he may be beyond saving. You can always add some aquarium salt, "unless you have salt sensitive fish"

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Sarah1230ox
  • Question
Replies
Views
Ghelfaire
Replies
Views
Angelfish1