zebra numbers

1. neonblue1980 Member Member

i have 2 zebras. my tank is 30 by 12 by 18. im questioning whether it is fair to put danios in a tank that size because they are such active swimmers. are they ok without a bigger group or should i add a couple?

2. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

You probably should add 3 or 4 more. Your tank is large enough, provided there is swimming space.

3. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I wouldn't keep zebra danios in less than a 36" tank, as you've said they are very active swimmers & can cover that distance in the blink of an eye.
    Having said that they really should be kept in groups of 6+, they can be fin nippers in small numbers

4. WiFi Well Known Member Member

I have 11 Longfin Gold Danios in my 29g tank (same dimensions as your tank) and they are doing great! I wouldn't recommend them in a tank that isn't wider than 24in. If I were you I'd add another 4 zebras to your group. Also I noticed you don't have your tank information filled in your profile, it would help next time with stocking if we know what else is in your tank. If your overstocked right now I'd just return the two zebras!

5. Junne Fishlore Legend Member

Do you have other fish in the tank? If you do, how many?

Zebras should have at least 6-8 in a proper group - more if your tank allows it.
    They are super active and need lots of swimming space.