75 Gallon Tank Zebra loach always hiding

Motherlovebetta

I have 5 zebra loaches in my 75g. They all look healthy, only concerned one seems skinny but he’s the most active one and out swimming against the powerhead current all the time. My largest one is hiding in the driftwood all the time. He/she only seems to come out when it’s feeding time. It’s probably the biggest one though so I’m sure it’s eating. Is this normal if I got a couple more would it be more likely to come out? A201 (tagging you because you have given me good advice on them in the past thanks)

A201

Never can have too many Loaches. Lol.
Botia Loaches have distinct personalities & live in a hierarchy.
They all act within the boundaries of their social position.
Adding a few more will likely increase the overall activity of the group.
Be sure to post pics.

Motherlovebetta

Ok Ill call LFS tomorrow and bump them up to 8 or so then and see. I have the 3 musketeers I call them that are always swimming around together. The big one always sleeps in a crevice in the driftwood with one of my plecos and the last one just hides. Here’s a pic from today.
ED9BE294-139C-484F-AC77-DC9590AD3BD6.jpeg

A201

The Zebras are really looking good.

Linda1234

I have 10 in my 120 and they mostly hide but a few always come out to play. Unfortunately ive been unable to afix name tags to them so i am unsure if the same ones come out to play.

On your skinny loach - i have found that hungry fishes are more aggressive at searching for food.

On my clown loaches - i have 7 - 5 30 months owned and 2 about 6 months owned. The 5 older ones almost never come out 'cept in the morning to eat and late at night; the 2 newer ones never hide and i see them out all the time. I have one particularly shy one that is almost never out when 'm watching.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Basil
Replies
Views
Momgoose56
Replies
Views
CHJ
  • Question
Replies