Zebra Danios

betsy_n_loves_JRC

Reaction score
I bought two Zebra Danios awhile ago..(I'm getting more since I've learned they like to school) but I'm not sure if one of them is really a Zebra Danio.the one has stripes...but the other has none at all.They are the same and and stuff.I tried to look it up but I didn't find much...is it a gender difference?

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Looking up their info i find that males have yellow in between the black stripes and females are sometimes larger but as far as I know, they all have stripes. I don't think that's a female without stripes, unless they don't have them when very young? (which i doubt) Do you have a pic that we can look at to ID the fish?

Gargoyle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There are lots of types and colors of danios... Basically if it looks like a danio it probably is...

I have a striped one, a yellow one, a silver one, and 2 spotted ones... All of them are danios and they will all get along just fine.. ;D

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Is this your non-zebra danio?

btw: do you have room in your tank for both your zebra and your pearl to have 2 buddies? did you see other pearl danios at the store? those are beautiful fish.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
yea it might just be a different type of danio.

Gwenz

betsy_n_loves_JRC

Reaction score
No, he isn't a pearl danioo.He is shaped just like the Zebra Danio.just no stripes.
Thanks for the replys ;D

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
what color are his eyes? could he be an albino?

aj_1992

Valued Member
Reaction score
betsy_n_loves_JRC said:
No, he isn't a pearl danioo.He is shaped just like the Zebra Danio.just no stripes.
Thanks for the replys ;D
i've seen some albino zebra danios at petcetera...could yours be an albino zebra danio? or maybe it's stressed out. cuz when i first go my zebra danios, their colours all disappeared because of stress.
??? ??? ???

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom