Experience
5 to 10 years

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
psalm18.2 said:
Totally agree. I have CAE on craigslist for new home. Its very aggressive. So 12 danios are ok for a heavily planted tank. Hope to set up next week w/ ecocomplete, 2 anubias, amazon sword, and water sprite. That's to start. Will add plants weekly. Debating on fishless or fish cycle, since they're cycling fish anyways.
They're not cycling fish, they just happen to be hardy enough to withstand the high ammonia levels when the tank is cycling. This is still bad for the fish and will likely shorten their lifespan. I advise cycling fishless if possible.

catman3

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
+10 nick also the cae wouldnt be able to bother the danio if he wanted lol.

Danionins.com

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
psalm18.2 said:
I'm attracted to these little guys. Are there other types of danios that are compatible w/ zebras? How many in 20 gallon long planted? Danio only tank.
Zebras would work well with Leopard, Pearl, Ocelot, Orange Finned, Hikari and Fireline Danios - they are all roughly the same size. You could easily keep 12 to 15 fish in a planted 20 long.

Ocelot Danio (Danio kaythit - Spotted morph)...
686.jpg

For smaller Danios, I typically keep up to 65 Celestial Pearl Danios in 20 gallon long tanks. You could also keep up to around 40 Glowlight Danios, (Danio choprai), or Goldring Danios, (Danio tinwini), in a 20 long.

Glowlight Danio (Danio choprai)...
115.jpg

For best results, keep either a group of the larger ones or a group of the smaller ones.

Dennis

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've never seen those Ocelot Danios before, they're really pretty fish.

RayRay

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have rosy danios with my golden zebra danio. They get along perfectly fine. The rosies are just a little bit larger.

catman3

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Danionins.com thanks for that pic of the Ocelot Danio i have never seen them before but i now knowwhat this little albino in my tank is thanks!

catman3

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
i know its dead but i just got my first ocelot danio and a longfin for my school of 3 regulars and 2 albino. Love the ocelot.

psalm18.2

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Update. The 20 gallon is occupied. Have to wait on my danio tank until next summer when goldfish go to pond.

catman3

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
LOL its good to finnish of a thread like that.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom