ZEBRA DANIO

Discussion in 'Zebra Danio' started by newmom, May 5, 2006.

1. newmomNew MemberMember

THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING ALL MY NEWBIE QUESTIONS. I HAVE ONE MORE (FOR NOW). I HAVE JUST ONE LONELY ZEBRA DANIO IN A 1.5 GAL TANK. IN MY 10 GAL I HAVE MY PLECO, SHARK AND FOUR SMALL MOLLIES. WOULD MY ZEBRA BE OKAY IN THE 10 GAL? I'D LIKE TO PUT AWAY THE 1.5 GAL, BUT KEEP THE ZEBRA IF I COULD. WHAT TO DO? THANX AGAIN

2. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

You have a bit of a dilemma, because Danios need to be kept in shoals of 6 or more. There is not room for 6 of them in the 10 gallon. So you will probably either have to set up another tank or else take back the Zebra. And just so you know, the Pleco and Shark will get WAY too big for a 10 gallon. :-\

3. newmomNew MemberMember

i sorta knew that, but was hoping not. i have a friend i can give him but i didn't want to. and i have learned that about the shark and pleco too. these fish were gifts and i am just learning...thanks for the help! when i replace the shark and pleco what would be good? i am really not ready for a larger tank just yet....

4. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

Sorry to tell you, but with 4 Mollies your tank is stocked. I wouldn't add anything else. I know it will be hard to give away your Danio, but it is for the best for him. :'(

5. ebbandflowValued MemberMember

Giving away fish is hard. I had to take one of my blue gouramis back to the lfs today cuz he kept chasing the other fish. :'(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice