ZEBRA DANIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmom

Reaction score
THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING ALL MY NEWBIE QUESTIONS. I HAVE ONE MORE (FOR NOW). I HAVE JUST ONE LONELY ZEBRA DANIO IN A 1.5 GAL TANK. IN MY 10 GAL I HAVE MY PLECO, SHARK AND FOUR SMALL MOLLIES. WOULD MY ZEBRA BE OKAY IN THE 10 GAL? I'D LIKE TO PUT AWAY THE 1.5 GAL, BUT KEEP THE ZEBRA IF I COULD. WHAT TO DO? THANX AGAIN

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You have a bit of a dilemma, because Danios need to be kept in shoals of 6 or more. There is not room for 6 of them in the 10 gallon. So you will probably either have to set up another tank or else take back the Zebra. And just so you know, the Pleco and Shark will get WAY too big for a 10 gallon. :-\

OP
N

newmom

Reaction score
i sorta knew that, but was hoping not. i have a friend i can give him but i didn't want to. and i have learned that about the shark and pleco too. these fish were gifts and i am just learning...thanks for the help! when i replace the shark and pleco what would be good? i am really not ready for a larger tank just yet....

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sorry to tell you, but with 4 Mollies your tank is stocked. I wouldn't add anything else. I know it will be hard to give away your Danio, but it is for the best for him. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Weekly

Votes: 42 64.6%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 12 18.5%

Top Bottom