Zebra Danio Swimming Problems, Please Help!

TheFishoftheSea

Hello! I have a question about one of my Danios. This Danio keeps floating to the top and having to swim back down and as soon as it swims back down it just floats right back up again. None of my other Danios are having this issue. I have a couple ideas as to why this is happening like it's aggressive eating style. This one Danio imparticular seems very vicious when eating and I am wondering if it is eating to much or getting to much air in its stomach. Right now during feeding time I am just moving this fish to a small tank for about five minutes so that it can't eat to much just to see if this helps. Another idea as to why this is happening is that in this particular tank that has three Danios they bred. I did not mean for this to happen but it did. I also don't know who was the mom of the fry is. Could something have happened to the fish (if this was the mother) during pregnancy? The only reason I wonder this is because it only started to float up to the top after the Fry were born. If you have any help I am desperate because this fish just can't rest. Please let me know! I will attach a video of it's swimming issue soon.

BigManAquatics

I would try fasting it for 3 days or so first. May have some bloat or constipation going on inside.

TheFishoftheSea

Thank you! It worked!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Zachthekeeper
  • Solved
Replies
Views
sauceypanda
Replies
Views