Zebra danio strange behavior

Jblair21

Reaction score
1 out of my (7) zebra danios is hanging below the filter and barely swimming while breathing heavily away from the other danios.
Temp 77 F
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
NItrate: 5
pH: 7.8

Was thinking maybe its sick or being bullied, but i never really noticed it being bullied before. Any suggestions on things i can do?

MrsPancakes

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My danios did this once. Nothing was wrong with the water perimeters or any tank changes. It completely stumped me. After days of this behavior, I did a 50% water change and added aquarium salt. They were back to normal the next morning. I don’t know if I got lucky or what, but I would give it a shot. Good luck.

Madchild57

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Jblair21 said:
1 out of my (7) zebra danios is hanging below the filter and barely swimming while breathing heavily away from the other danios.
Temp 77 F
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
NItrate: 5
pH: 7.8

Was thinking maybe its sick or being bullied, but i never really noticed it being bullied before. Any suggestions on things i can do?
How long have you had them? Sometimes I've noticed fish like that (schooling), more likely when they're new, will just kind of waste away. Maybe bad genetics or a bad batch.
Edit: your temp is too high for them too

New Threads