Zebra Danio red welts and white lumps???

Meganliiz

Hi there, most of my zebra danios are around 2 1/2yrs old and I've had 2 die in the past month or so. The symptoms they've shown before they've been dying seems really odd to me and it's happening to another one now so I just wanted to know if anyone could give me some information.

Tank info: 20 gallon tank, 25% water change every week and a half - 2 weeks with PH at approx. 7, ammonia 0, nitrate 0, nitrite 0

The danios have gotten slightly bloated and then gotten these big red welts under there tails and on their sides and then red gashes (???) under their pectoral fins. They've also got these white lumps that look raised underneath their skin (much bigger then ick/ich spots). This all occurs within the span of 1 - 2 days before they die. Is this a normal thing for older zebra danios?

Note: I have moved her to a quarantine tank and am monitoring symptoms. Tank has water conditioner and a small amount of melafix with half water from 20gallon tank and half treated tap water.

Update: the fish did die, had one more red spot appear within the past hour but was swimming normally the entire time prior to passing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 8.34.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 8.34.52 PM.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 22

veggieshark

That's not how they die of old age, I can tell you that much.

It is odd that they have these sores in a well maintained tank for 3 years, if you have not introduced anything new to the tank.

Upvote 0

Meganliiz

That's not how they die of old age, I can tell you that much.

It is odd that they have these sores in a well maintained tank for 3 years, if you have not introduced anything new to the tank.

New decor added in November/December but it was all cleaned before hand and this also didn't start until April so I don't believe that to be the issue. Previous to that new danios added in October but they all appear to be fine.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Frank the Fish guy
Replies
Views
4nni3
Replies
Views
mattgirl