Zebra Danio Rapid Breathing

Adam77
HI can only one help/advise? My zebra danios have recently started to breath rapidly, seem to be eating ok only feed once a day, tank is 60 litre with 4 zebra danios, one Cory catfish as one died,( getting more once this is solved) and a Nerite snail, substrate is sand, live plants Anubis, Java fern and crypts, also got lava rock tank is 8 months old and cycled,

Nitrate 5-10
Nitrite -0
Ammonia-0
Ph-7.4
Temp-24
Gh-6
Kh-6
Tested with two separate test kits same results, also has an air stone and a fluval 106 canister so no problem with filtration, any advice help would be great

Thanks adam

Coradee
Welcome to Fishlore, a picture as well if you can get one may help our members work out your problem

Redshark1
I can think of two reasons for fish breathing rapidly one is lack of oxygen, which you have presumably solved not only with good filtration but an additional air stone. The fish should be loving it given your water parameters and temperature.

The other reason is Columnaris which can live on the gill tissue and reduce its function. But that would not be expected in a healthy tank with no previous problems although losing a Cory is a concern.

techfool
Is it hot? Mine do it when it gets hot. I change the water and increase flow so that the surface is a boiling mass.

Adam77
I can think of two reasons for fish breathing rapidly one is lack of oxygen, which you have presumably solved not only with good filtration but an additional air stone. The fish should be loving it given your water parameters and temperature.

The other reason is Columnaris which can live on the gill tissue and reduce its function. But that would not be expected in a healthy tank with no previous problems although losing a Cory is a concern.
Yeh that’s the conclusion I’m coming to, ordered some fluke solve will have it by 10pm tonight, and yeh as Cory shown no signs of being unwell, and I looked at him when I got him out the tank and no signs of injury or redness, thanks for reply

Is it hot? Mine do it when it gets hot. I change the water and increase flow so that the surface is a boiling mass.
No not really only 24 c

Adam77
Fluke solve added earlier so hopefully things will be back to normal soon

Attachments

• 5809A68D-BD73-4BCE-966C-B861379BC30B.jpeg
    5809A68D-BD73-4BCE-966C-B861379BC30B.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 167
Adam77

A868DE0E-1570-4747-8C85-C22D65EB4107.jpeg
49CCF860-D52B-416C-A41F-482D3C16D9C4.jpeg Quick up date, fish seem to be back to normal, will keep my eyes on them for the next few days. Fluke solve worked brilliant symptoms seemed to be all but gone after one treatment and 24 hours

Adam77
Thanks for the help

Redshark1
Great!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mtm45
Replies
Views
4nni3
  • Solved