Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Zebra Danio Questions

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by dalton12, Apr 21, 2019.

1. dalton12Valued MemberMember

Can I feed my zebra danios vegetables such as; peas, spinach, lettuce, and cucumbers?

2. richie.pWell Known MemberMember

I dont think they will to be honest mine eat everything like bloodworm,Daphnia, flake, but never touched spinach,zanccuci, and lettuce I put in for my snails

3. dalton12Valued MemberMember

Okay, thanks[ ]

If anyone has zebra danios, what would you recommend as a good tank mate for them? Mine are in a tank now and I was planning on adding tiger barbs in a week or so

4. RyanC14Valued MemberMember

How big is the tank?

5. dalton12Valued MemberMember

20 gallon

6. DedifeValued MemberMember

I have a 36 gallon with zebra danios, platys, honey gourami and Panda Cories that all get along well!

7. EpicozWell Known MemberMember

8. RyanC14Valued MemberMember

I recommend white cloud minnows or corys

9. aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

More zebra danios! :)

Otherwise, bottom shoalers like cories and kuhlies woulld be good companions. Or bristlenose or small L-number catfish.

10. ReneRiveraNew MemberMember

I have fed peas when they're constipated.

11. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

Zebras are more of a top to top middle schooler so it would be rare to see them forage to the bottom for a veggie. They prefer the easy way of eating and attack the top of the water when food is dropped in. I think they would be fast enough to evade Tiger barbs but i would reccomend more peaceful community fish. They also like the water a bit on the cooler side. 72-76

12. ReneRiveraNew MemberMember

Ifed it dried and minced very fine they got to it in the surface just fine.