Zebra Danio Pregnant?

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by Gwenz, Apr 11, 2006.

1. GwenzWell Known MemberMember

Hi! I was wondering if my Zebra Danio might be pregnant. I bought 6 of them on Saturday. One is smaller than the others but it is much "rounder" than the others and is quite "fat". I'm not sure if I'm right, but I read the message somebody else wrote asking if their guppies were pregnant, and my Zebra Danio, looks just like the pictures they sent in.

Please help, I don't know what I'd do if it was pregnant.  :-\

Should I send a picture?

Gwenz :)

2. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

guppies are way different from danios FYI, like they are livebearers and danios aren't, so danios don't have a gravid spot.
    Do you have a pic of her? It might not be pregnant because female danios are fatter than males...

3. GwenzWell Known MemberMember

I have pic, but it comes up as an error every time I try to send it. Maybe I don't haven't got enough memory on my PC or something. ???

She is so fast though, all my pictures are blurred!! They wouldn't be very clear anyway. Some of the others look a little like her, but not quite as "fat". What do you think? Do you think she's maybe eating to much or something?? :-\

4. chris02_84Valued MemberMember

i thought the same thing when i got my zebra...turns out...it was just FAT....exciting nonetheless

5. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

mine are the same way

6. GwenzWell Known MemberMember

Thanks, I guess she might just be fat then.! ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice