Zebra Danio Pregnant?

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by Gwenz, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Gwenz

GwenzWell Known MemberMember

Hi! I was wondering if my Zebra Danio might be pregnant. I bought 6 of them on Saturday. One is smaller than the others but it is much "rounder" than the others and is quite "fat". I'm not sure if I'm right, but I read the message somebody else wrote asking if their guppies were pregnant, and my Zebra Danio, looks just like the pictures they sent in.

Please help, I don't know what I'd do if it was pregnant.  :-\

Should I send a picture?

Gwenz :)

2. newbie101

newbie101Well Known MemberMember

guppies are way different from danios FYI, like they are livebearers and danios aren't, so danios don't have a gravid spot.
    Do you have a pic of her? It might not be pregnant because female danios are fatter than males...

3. OP
    OP
    Gwenz

I have pic, but it comes up as an error every time I try to send it. Maybe I don't haven't got enough memory on my PC or something. ???

She is so fast though, all my pictures are blurred!! They wouldn't be very clear anyway. Some of the others look a little like her, but not quite as "fat". What do you think? Do you think she's maybe eating to much or something?? :-\

4. chris02_84

chris02_84Valued MemberMember

i thought the same thing when i got my zebra...turns out...it was just FAT....exciting nonetheless

5. fish_r_friend

fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

mine are the same way

6. OP
    OP
    Gwenz

Thanks, I guess she might just be fat then.! ;)