Zebra Danio Looks Really Sick

Michael_mde
Ok so I have a 55gl with 7 zebra danios water parameters are fine but one of the zebra danios has white out growths and I know it's not ick I've seen ick before but anyways I'm not sure what it is but also there is some kind of clear looking strand coming from the anal flap. It almost looks like the fish is torn up but it's no color is fine under the white stuff so I need help also he/she is eating well but not moving as much as the others please someone help!

CanadianJoeh
Ok so I have a 55gl with 7 zebra danios water parameters are fine but one of the zebra danios has white out growths and I know it's not ick I've seen ick before but anyways I'm not sure what it is but also there is some kind of clear looking strand coming from the anal flap. It almost looks like the fish is torn up but it's no color is fine under the white stuff so I need help also he/she is eating well but not moving as much as the others please someone help!
Sounds like Columnaris, a good bacterial med like Kanaplex will take care of that right away.

Michael_mde
Oh geez yeah looks quite similar to what the danio has . Thanks for the fast reply I'll get back to you in a couple of days to see if anything else comes up

Rtessy
Columnaris moves fast, unfortunately, and just in case you get confused it's actually a bacterial growth not fungus, hence the kanaplex whihc treats gram negative bacteria. Good luck!

CanadianJoeh
Columnaris moves fast, unfortunately, and just in case you get confused it's actually a bacterial growth not fungus, hence the kanaplex whihc treats gram negative bacteria. Good luck!
My apologies! That's what I meant

Rtessy
Lol I figured as much, since you did recommend the right medicine. Totally looks like a fungus though, I just didn't want OP to get confused about treating fungus with bacterial meds

Michael_mde
. So in this case I'm assuming melafix should work right?

CanadianJoeh
. So in this case I'm assuming melafix should work right?
No no no!

If you have Melafix, throw it away!

It's not a real medication and it is entirely useless.

Stick to the Kanaplex. Good solid medication from a reputable company.

Michael_mde
Well I'm not sure about it being useless but I will try the kanaplex first thanks a ton

Rtessy
Yeah, melafix isn't the best medication since it's more natural (but never use for labyrinth fish like bettas and gouramis) for columnaris at least. It can help with lesser grade stuff, but unfortunately columnaris is a tough bug and kanaplex is a strong medication that works well against it. I don't know if you have inverts, but it does say it's not invert safe but loads of people still have their snails and shrimp survive the treatment, so it's kind of iffy on that

Michael_mde
I think you mean invertebrates right?

Michael_mde
So I posted a picture of him not sure if this will help towaeto identifying it.

Attachments

• 1522663953848414371315.jpg
    1522663953848414371315.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 52
Rtessy
It's hard to tell from the pic, but it does look like columnaris. Is the danio also bloated? Do you think it's constipation? Are any scales sticking out?

Michael_mde
Um ilI' see

Michael_mde
No signs of bloating but there Is some scales stichist up

Michael_mde
Um so Ive been waiting for the kanaplex to arrive because couldbt find it at any stores um but while I was waiting it almost seems like the columnaris cleared up is that possible?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
coralbandit
Replies
Views
AllieSten
Replies
Views
ASquidabs0727
Top Bottom