Zebra danio gender?

Kaylah

We have 2 Zebra danios and a longfin leopard danio. Can you tell if we have male, female, or both gender zebra? Also should we get another leopard or will the female we have group with the zebra? We had 2 female but one got droopsy a couple months ago

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20210726-115636.jpg
    VideoCapture_20210726-115636.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20210726-115338_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210726-115338_Gallery.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 20

Noroomforshoe

The one on the left, the rounder one with the larger belly, is probably female. I can't tell about the one on the right, it might be a young female yet to develop fully.
If you don't mind me asking, why only 3 danios? They are schooling fish that do best in a larger school of 9+
leopard danios should school with the zebras.
1- I have never done it,
2- Some individual fish can act outside the norm.

Upvote 0

Kaylah

The one on the left, the rounder one with the larger belly, is probably female. I can't tell about the one on the right, it might be a young female yet to develop fully.
If you don't mind me asking, why only 3 danios? They are schooling fish that do best in a larger school of 9+
leopard danios should school with the zebras.
1- I have never done it,
2- Some individual fish can act outside the norm.
We got them both at the same time from the same batch of fish so I assumed they were similar in age, but maybe not. We want to get more just not many options where we live and these two were some of the only fish out of the stores quarantine (major heat wave in our area and both homes and stores don't have ac) Thank you for the correct ratio, can that be a mix of different danios?

Upvote 0

Noroomforshoe

Cool, well, if the opertunity to get more arrises, and if your tank is large enough...
The zebra danio and the leopard are very similar-sized, They should live together if not school together. Albino zebra danio, and the glo fish danio should all mix together to complete one full school fine. "I have never done it with danios though! I did with x-ray tetras and albino x-ray tetras."

there are other danios that are not as similar that would definitely need to be in an entire school of their own in a tank, giant danios and celestial pearl danios come to mind.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Bwood22
Replies
Views
Tez
  • Question
Replies
Views
Jen9